Register Now
CruiserX

Visiting your old games?

Nostalgia is a friend we encounter from time to time. Especially when gaming. Ever played a game and got like, "hey this is just like that game I used to play when I was a kid" vibe? Sometimes whenever I play games like GTA, Sleeping Dogs or Mafia, I can't forget where it all started, Grand Theft Auto: San Adreas. I've played it well over many times but after a few years, I go back to playing it all over because I just love it! What game brings you nostalgia?

All the early Super Mario games are deeply nostalgic to me. Brings back memories of when I was a wee whippersnapper. Silent Hill 2, Resident Evil 4, Goldeneye and San Andreas are also super nostalgic as I played them a lot with my roomies in Uni.

16 hours ago, Newt70 said:

Honestly, Pokemon XD and Pokemon Colosseum, Destroy All Humans, some older spyro games and a few others.

I can see already that you are a Pokémon game lover. I used to play it a lot more when I was still a teenager. It's such a great and fun game to play. 

Sometimes I do play games that I left playing a long time ago. There was a time when I was playing Candy Crush and temple so much, sometimes 5-6 hours straight. These games were so addictive. However, I had to stop playing these games because my phone battery started draining very fast. These days when I see these games on my friends' and family devices, I play for a while.

I am going to check out some of the game companies this summer and see if they have closed the shop. And then revive the emulators and play those games. Just for the change. I am also considering writing about some of those games. It can be fun to play those games which we used to do in past. it can be fun playing those type of the games these days. 

On 2/26/2019 at 5:18 PM, Alyxx said:

Here's a list of old games I go back to constantly:

• Duke Nukem 1 (DOS)
  • BlackThorne (DOS)
  • Tomb Raider 1-5
  • MDK
  • Doom 1, 2 and Final Doom
  • Quake 1 & 2
  • Eradicator
  • Deus Ex

Tomb Raider is one of the old games which I played that could never be said to be too much for me. I still play it till today but mostly on weekends. 

Tekken is another amazing old game that I still play. 

Our old games lay the foundation for our entire gaming experience time stamps. They mold our future gaming preference and selection. If you take a look at the kind of games which you play now, you can bet to see some significant similarities between the old games and the new ones. 

On 1/19/2021 at 12:56 PM, Patrik said:

Literally any game that was a part of my childhood pushes me to replay it, what i like more about that, is that sometimes when replaying a game, i completely find out about things i never paid attention to

That's a good point because as a child, you never were aware of some of the subtle messages the game was hinting at and the meaning behind some of the actions of your favorite characters growing up.