Register Now
StaceyPowers

Best Narrative/Character Driven Games?

What are some of the best games to play in terms of being driven by a solid narrative and compelling characters?

I really love The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite in this regard, and am looking for other games to match them in terms of quality of story. In the case of The Last of Us, the story is surprisingly simplistic when you think about it, but it is just so well told and the characters are so great that the entire thing blows you away. Bioshock Infinite is obviously a great deal more complex, but once again, beautifully told. I walked away from these games feeling like I’d had these whole other lifetimes.

I think final fantasy, dark siders, serious sam are some of the games where the story was good. Then there are some like resident evil and few others. But most of the engaging stories that I have seen in the games I mentioned earlier. Lot of new games lack the story and they are more into hack and sack. 

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Final Fantasy has some of the best character driven stories  I have ever played and Metal Gear is another one with so many interesting characters with amazing backstories - it's hard not to love it. 

I don't remember much about metal gear series. I have however recently played some of the zombie games that were having good story too. Like say days gone has one good story plot. And then there are walking dead, resident evil, silent hill those type of games too have good backstories and also overall plot of the game was good too.