Register Now
Alexander.

Physical Movement Games

As a gamer, did you ever play a game requiring physical movement, like the Nintendo Wii? What are the advantages of such a game? I've played Wii Fit, my favourite was the Penguin Slide in the game. Physical movement gaming helps too keep you from becoming over weight and builds your fitness up at the same time. 

I think most of us have played motion games Wii, Kinect, VR etc. I own a Wii and I have to say motion controls can be a hit or miss depending on the game. Zelda Skyward sword is the best game for Wii motion controls. I also owned the Kinect for a time and it boring after a weekend, or maybe I'm just lazy.

I can think of pokemon Go that made people walk on the road. And it was a good game as it helped many people move from one location to another. It can be pretty hard to use such games though considering the physical movement and the amount of focus it needs to capture. I guess for each one of us such games can be fun to try out. And in the long scheme of things it is not much useful. 

5 hours ago, mont86 said:

So far I haven't used motion games .. Don't really have a room now for the set up.. And in the summer I'd have to say being outside is my movement game.. Mowing and snow removal..

That's understandable, not all of us have big apartments for huge gaming set ups. You've never played motion computer games? Even round friends and familys? You don't know what you've missed out on! 

Besides mowing and snow removal, list your favourite outdoor activity you enjoy the most and give a reason why.

Natural experiences and exercise is better than artificial sport. Looking on the bright side, your eyes won't be strained from to much screen time. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

23 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

That's understandable, not all of us have big apartments for huge gaming set ups. You've never played motion computer games? Even round friends and familys? You don't know what you've missed out on! 

Besides mowing and snow removal, list your favourite outdoor activity you enjoy the most and give a reason why.

Natural experiences and exercise is better than artificial sport. Looking on the bright side, your eyes won't be strained from to much screen time. 

True , but that doesn't seem the direction most people are going these days.

On 2/17/2019 at 7:32 AM, xXInfectedXx said:

I love going outside too - I don't see what the issue is.

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 2:24 AM, skyfire said:

I can think of pokemon Go that made people walk on the road. And it was a good game as it helped many people move from one location to another. It can be pretty hard to use such games though considering the physical movement and the amount of focus it needs to capture. I guess for each one of us such games can be fun to try out. And in the long scheme of things it is not much useful. 

That's an excelente choice! While you're playing Pokemon Go it's impossible to stay in just one place. You'll need to move all the time (and that's the best part of it... haha!). It's even better when you're playing in group, haha!

When I was a kid, I played a few games that required movement. A few Wii games, and a couple in the arcade. Now, due to my disability, and the fact that I'm in a wheelchair, I can't really play them anymore. I have to stick to games that have a simple controller where all I move is my fingers, or I'll wear myself out too much and pass out. That's kinda why I'm on the computer so damn much.

On 3/31/2019 at 7:08 PM, The Blackangel said:

When I was a kid, I played a few games that required movement. A few Wii games, and a couple in the arcade. Now, due to my disability, and the fact that I'm in a wheelchair, I can't really play them anymore. I have to stick to games that have a simple controller where all I move is my fingers, or I'll wear myself out too much and pass out. That's kinda why I'm on the computer so damn much.

That sucks but can you at least do a bit of stretching? Stretching at least makes your muscles less tense and promotes circulation throughout the body.

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That sucks but can you at least do a bit of stretching? Stretching at least makes your muscles less tense and promotes circulation throughout the body.

Unfortunately no. I have advanced muscular dystrophy. My body wears out so quickly that I pass out with very much activity. And my muscles are so weak due to it, that stretching would only add to the problem. I've tried it before, and the result wasn't good.

9 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Unfortunately no. I have advanced muscular dystrophy. My body wears out so quickly that I pass out with very much activity. And my muscles are so weak due to it, that stretching would only add to the problem. I've tried it before, and the result wasn't good.

So, not even a light massage wouldn't slightly alleviate your situation in any way?