Register Now
Alexander.

Are most video gamers male?

Most video game players seem to be male. Why do boys enjoy video gaming more than girls? Personally, I think it's just another gender based sterotype and you should do whatever you enjoy most and don't be influenced by your friends and family. Your individual in your own way. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

Yes videogames are for all genders, but definitively there are more male gamers than females. My girlfriend only likes Zelda games and Pokemon go but doesnt understand how to play shooter games. Its an interest topic as to why boys tend to like video games more than females.

8 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Yes videogames are for all genders, but definitively there are more male gamers than females. My girlfriend only likes Zelda games and Pokemon go but doesnt understand how to play shooter games. Its an interest topic as to why boys tend to like video games more than females.

I agree. Do you think it's because of social pressures and stereotypes? Why do you think there are more male gamers? 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

No I dont think it has nothing to do with society or stereotypes, up until this day in my life every girl that I have met has never been that interested in Videogames. I'm not saying that there arent any female gamers, but it may be that boys and girls like different things. For example I dont get Soap operas and every women in family likes them.

I'm a female and I know plenty of girls who enjoy video games. I'm not really sure if more males enjoy it but males tend to be "louder" I feel so maybe they just get seen more. In either case, it's definitely something for both genders. Having grown up with a mother who is a gamer, I never felt it was anything exclusive to males.

There's no denying that for many years the games were made directly to the male audience. But nowadays, the scenario is quite different right now and women are fighting very well for their space in this market (and they're doing a pretty good job).

Edited by Shine_Spirit

I don't think it's easy to find out how many are there. Because at home we can't gauge who is playing and who is not. For example you can find that most of the female users are playing mobile games. Tower defense, farmville, and candy crush are some of the top games among the female gamers who use Android mobile. So it's kind of hard to find out how many and where such gamers are.