Register Now
Alexander.

What skills are developed - Video Gaming?

Do video games contribute to skill development? What mental or physical skills help players develop? Share your opinion below. Let me know your opinion and discuss this question with other fellow video gamers. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

They do not develop your physical skills, however, gaming can contribute to your mental development. For example, you can de-stress yourself by playing games, some games also help you in analytical thinking, especially if the game requires planning and making strategy.

Surprises me this hasn't been replied yet: but I do believe gamers are better with technology than non gamers. We've grown up looking up things such as mods / cheats / (sometimes cracks) to make our games work the way we like it or even on different platform devices than originally intended. 

I think critical thinking, eye for detail and also ability to test things out. Those are only skills that I have found out about the video gaming. And those are the skills that most of the gamers learn from their gameplays. I think it'd be not bad to have more educational games that can solves some of the real life experience on education side. So It's all dependent on each one of us how we acquire.