Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
skyfire

Violent Games and Teen Aggression Aren’t Linked?

A pretty much flawed research says Violence is not related to the gaming. As per the Oxfords latest research Here. 

http://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2019-02-13-violent-video-games-found-not-be-associated-adolescent-aggression#

But the reality is that people who tend to play violent games are bullies in school, involved in school shooting, mugging and other crimes. Instead of looking at this data, the oxford took random set of the data and then tried to came up with conclusion that games are not responsible. 

What do you think?

I do not go by the research. generally, research is a view presented from a small segment of society. The research interview 1000-2000 people and make a conclusion. How can the view of 1000-2000 people actually represent the view of the global population that comes from various cultures and countries? Gaming may not be the only reason for teen aggression, however, I believe it is one of the major reasons for violent behavior.  

Yes that is my point too. Gaming leads to the aggressive and the negative behavior among the teens. And that is not all some of the teens who turn out against their surrounding usually play a lot of games. I understand we are all gamers here. But we have to also know our boundaries and know that gaming isn't everything. And researchers funded by gaming companies would surely side with gaming companies. 

People will always say what they wish to say about gaming but generally in my opinion, it's all about the gamers personality that goes a long way in determining how the game affects the individual. 

Some research can be misleading. It's not always about what is written in research pages. Games affect people in a different ways. Some research can be wrong while some might be right. 

Yes that seems to be the case, people tend to take the research too much literal. And then they tend to discard. I remember the popeye cartoon was used to sell the spinach. And it turned out good. And the same type of the manipulation can be working in other cases as well. It seems like there are times when the games can be bad but nobody seems to be addressing that.