Register Now
kingpotato

Worst Game of a Popular Franchise

There are many Video game franchises out there, but even the most popular ones like Halo, Call of Duty, Super Mario or Assassins creed will have one or two games that dissapoint, some of them ruined the franchise for some gamers like Mass effect Andromeda or Dead space 3 for example.

Lets try to name a few of those games or what is your opinion on the topic ?

We cant ignore Contra Rogue Corps. That was an absolute abomination.
There was also MKM: Sub-Zero.
While it's one of my favorites, FF8 didn't really do the Final Fantasy franchise any favors. But I think most people count FF9 and/or FF13 as the absolute worst that have come out.

But there are also some spinoffs that, while they haven't ended a franchise, have damaged it. Things like Zelda Majoras Mask as well as some of the Game Boy titles. Oracle series, Minish Cap, etc. Great games all, but in the beginning, not so much. Players are often times wary of games that aren't directly related to the main story of a franchise, unless that franchise is known for changing it up with every edition, such as Final Fantasy. The first true sequel in the Final Fantasy series was FF X2. That's a long time from the first one that was on NES.

49 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

We cant ignore Contra Rogue Corps. That was an absolute abomination.
There was also MKM: Sub-Zero.
While it's one of my favorites, FF8 didn't really do the Final Fantasy franchise any favors. But I think most people count FF9 and/or FF13 as the absolute worst that have come out.

But there are also some spinoffs that, while they haven't ended a franchise, have damaged it. Things like Zelda Majoras Mask as well as some of the Game Boy titles. Oracle series, Minish Cap, etc. Great games all, but in the beginning, not so much. Players are often times wary of games that aren't directly related to the main story of a franchise, unless that franchise is known for changing it up with every edition, such as Final Fantasy. The first true sequel in the Final Fantasy series was FF X2. That's a long time from the first one that was on NES.

If spin offs count then Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII is the absolute worst in the franchise, especially when it comes to the atrocious PC port.