Register Now
Alexander.

What VoIP providers do you use and why?

If you weren't aware of what VoIP stands for, it is Voice Over Internet Protocol. What services do you actively use and why? 

You'll mainly find me on Discord although I am an active user on Skype and Team speak too. Other competitors don't offer as many features that Discord does for its customers

oFINGfiqdEvMxuilrIw_QXSGlg_3McmSDpd31AO4Xbs.jpg.abedc59d8ffbc48f7d340ab1a12f2d30.jpg

I am surprised that discord is that good with their tech. I mean it's not easy to find a good tech on that case. I think there are some of the VOIP apps but they cost some money. Either way I'd say that it's pretty much good to try out some providers though. Considering they offer landline calls something which discord does not allow. 

6 hours ago, skyfire said:

I am surprised that discord is that good with their tech. I mean it's not easy to find a good tech on that case. I think there are some of the VOIP apps but they cost some money. Either way I'd say that it's pretty much good to try out some providers though. Considering they offer landline calls something which discord does not allow. 

Team speak is an free application on Windows but they charge 1.49 on the play / app store! Either way, they shouldn't charge for a service that you can get free on another platform. What do you think about this? 

What are the names of the VoIP services and what do you primarily use the providers for, gaming?

Remind me again, what companies offer landline calls? I have a feeling its possibly Skype. 

Screenshot_20190219-101057.thumb.jpg.8ebe67ff0e3b54d1379a15595868df62.jpg

Edited by xXInfectedXx

I have mostly used the discord and some of the time whatsapp. Though whatsapp has no gaming integration. But it can be good for the mobile and also in case of the notification bundling and groups it can be pretty good. Teamspeak I didn't expected much used few times. But mostly relied on discord. And I am far away from the skype on that note. I don't want to spend money on calls. 

I've used TeamSpeak, Discord, Raidcall, and Ventrillo before. Probably would say for free, Discord and Raidcall are probably the best (although Raidcall seems to have dropped their english version support for whatever reason).

Edited by Syntax

On 1/29/2021 at 9:00 PM, Patrik said:

Whatsapp and immigrated to Discord in 2017 after teamspeak started being outdated, because discord had everything else that teamspeak didn't have and had and even better

I am and will always be for team Discord because it's absolutely the best when it comes to offering such services. 

On 2/18/2019 at 11:58 PM, Alexander. said:

If you weren't aware of what VoIP stands for, it is Voice Over Internet Protocol. What services do you actively use and why? 

You'll mainly find me on Discord although I am an active user on Skype and Team speak too. Other competitors don't offer as many features that Discord does for its customers

oFINGfiqdEvMxuilrIw_QXSGlg_3McmSDpd31AO4Xbs.jpg.abedc59d8ffbc48f7d340ab1a12f2d30.jpg

If Google meet had the option, I would go with that. Or sometimes I use whatsapp and Facebook Messenger. I heard of discord many times, but still haven't been active there. 😊

5 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

If Google meet had the option, I would go with that. Or sometimes I use whatsapp and Facebook Messenger. I heard of discord many times, but still haven't been active there. 😊

Seriously, you really need to get into Discord. I'd never believed that I would ever be this hooked up with it till joined. 

On 8/18/2021 at 3:16 PM, Razor1911 said:

You won't regret using discord actually (depends on what kind of communities or servers you are in), it's generally a decent platform even for non gaming people

9 hours ago, Patrik said:

You won't regret using discord actually (depends on what kind of communities or servers you are in), it's generally a decent platform even for non gaming people

Yeah, just the thing that it's yet not popular here. But yeah, I should give it a try. Specially, some of the forums are connected to it. So that way it will be easy for me to manage things. 

13 hours ago, Patrik said:

Exactly, it's actually what makes sense when you are making use of Discord. Once you are in a server that's worth it, you would enjoy it.