Register Now
Alexander.

How long can you go without sleep?

What's the longest you can go without sleep? I love sleeping to much, for me it's 12 hours. Any longer than 12 hours and I would be really irrational and irritable to whoever is around me. It's not good to miss out on Sleep, it's really important for your health. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

In Uni I remember going about 30-35 hours without any sleep (did an all-nighter writing an essay that was due the next day). I don't think I can do that kinda stuff these days as it takes its toll on you. These days I'm similar to you, about 15-18 hours awake and I start to get a little grouchy. 

On 2/27/2019 at 7:12 AM, xXInfectedXx said:

Is that with or without Energy or caffeinated drinks? How often do you stay awake for a day and half for? Once a month or was this just a one time occurrence? 

Yeah, without any caffeine or energy.

The longest I could do was 37 hours, during my bachelor's degree. But no way I'm doing it now.  I need sleep so much that even when I was doing Master's, which was more serious and hard work, I couldn't do an all-nighter without getting at least 2-hour nap (ideally 4).

I can get on with the day after 7 hour sleep. If I sleep less than that, it'd be barely functional. 

Proud to say that I have never pulled an all nighter in my life. The latest I have ever gone to bed is around 3AM. The least amount of sleep I have ever gotten in any given night was probably about 4 hours, otherwise I am routinely getting 7+ hours of sleep each night.