Register Now
StaceyPowers

How much time do you spend on your character's looks?

The first time I played a video game where I could customize my character's appearance, I sped through it as quickly as possible, because I just didn't care, and wanted to get to playing. I wondered why other gamers took like an hour to design their characters. But now I take my time on it too, but I can't really explain why it went from not mattering to me to mattering to me. 

How much time do you spend designing your characters' looks? Do you just speed through the screens, or are you really painstaking with all the little details?

Honestly not much time. I tend to go with something decent and go ahead with that. I have seen some of the people spend a lot of time to customize. Like say shoes, pants etc etc. But I don't think that does matter in the game though. What matters is how we play. Some of the FPS game hardly shows you what you wear. 

On 2/21/2019 at 1:15 AM, DylanC said:

I’m super lazy with that aesthetic stuff of my player characters. I usually just go for the default option and perhaps throw a moustache on him, lol.

lol. Funny enough, I will spend up to half a day trying to let my character resemble myself as much as possible.

On 2/21/2019 at 11:45 AM, DylanC said:

I’m super lazy with that aesthetic stuff of my player characters. I usually just go for the default option and perhaps throw a moustache on him, lol.

These days I am also into that sort of mode. I am kind of lazy. I just make sure I use some of the characters as is. And focus on getting the game cleared. This seems to be my approach for years so far. I know it can be pretty tough either way. But then in such case we have to focus on gameplay instead of characters and aesthetics. 

None. Zero... Haha!

I don't waste my time and / or money doing that. I just chose my character and play it. Simple like that. Seriously, I can't understand why some players lose so much time and / or money with that. It's all about fun and not about who is the best on physical appearance and clothing.