Register Now
kingpotato

Same game every year

There are some video game franchises that will deliver almost the exact same game every year, Call of Duty, Sports game (NBK, FIFA, Madden) , Assassins creed or even Lego games. While the changes may be subtle between each game the gameplay is basically the same.
Why do you think people will purchase the same game every year ? 

I think pokemon, mario, sonic, mortal kombat. They are kind of releasing same old stuff in new graphics. And they are not always adding the value. And same can be said about final fantasy. Though they are taking more serious approach with the stories. But they kind of release same turn based or FPS style games every release. No idea on how they would proceed with the game from here onwards. 

15 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think pokemon, mario, sonic, mortal kombat. They are kind of releasing same old stuff in new graphics. And they are not always adding the value. And same can be said about final fantasy. Though they are taking more serious approach with the stories. But they kind of release same turn based or FPS style games every release. No idea on how they would proceed with the game from here onwards. 

True, most of these games will be the same for each generation, For example I'm a big fan of Mortal Kombat , but from MK 1-3 it was the same game, MK deadly alliance, Deception and Armageddon as well same thing just more characters and the same can be said for the recent MK games and the upcoming one this year.

Yes same can be said about DOOM. And though a lot has been changed about the game. It just makes you think how much graphics changing alone makes a big difference. I have noticed that part about the gaming over the period of time. Lot of games are making come back and that can be good but they offer pretty much the same gameplay from what I have noticed so far. 

7 hours ago, Alyxx said:

For me with Call of Duty I was mostly just really into how the series kept going in a more and more futuristic direction. When it stopped doing that and started going back to WW2 stuff and modern warfare stuff, I stopped buying the games.

Its the opposite for me xD, I didn't liked how it was getting more and more futuristic.