Register Now
StaceyPowers

Portrayal of women in video games

8 hours ago, Shine_Spirit said:

Yes, they've been fighting so hard for their place in this market and they deserve every single space they can get. Most of male players still need to learn that... But guess what, with or without them, women will get there!

Of course yes, they have the quality to get there on top with the level of commitment and dedication they are investing in the franchise. Women are no longer the weaker sex. 

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

Of course yes, they have the quality to get there on top with the level of commitment and dedication they are investing in the franchise. Women are no longer the weaker sex. 

The most interesting thing about this is they are gaining their own space in a solid and quality way. I mean, it has been a natural walk in search of a place they have always deserved.

Edited by Shine_Spirit

SJW-ism isn't always bad - but when it's forced on people it always is.  For instance, I go to a gym that focuses on anti-bullying - and that's fine.  I mean, it's a private company and meatheads etc. can go to traditional gyms.

OK, so if social activists want progressive games - they're free to make some.

Edited by Jayson

I love seeing a strong female character in games. They tend to be sexualized which is awesome for me, cause I'd rather have a fine lady walking around rather than the same old, really really old and overdone macho tough guy male. But the idea to have different gear to switch out, which most games are doing, leaves it up to you how you would like her to look whether it be short shorts or fully covered. When the movie Wonder Woman came out, she was in a bikini outfit representing a strong female superhero. I don't think there were complaints about her sexualization because it was a sense of female strength and pride. Games should try and portray the same freedom, using the option for you to decide how she would look.  

As I mentioned, I'm deathly ill of the same male macho crap with little diversity. Minorities including women need their place and it is time for them to show pride, strength, righteousness, etc. in media. The alpha male ego nonsense needs to get thrown out the window. Bunch of peckers. Even in a fully geared military game, I would rather see a ponytail sticking out of the helmet. 

So I guess in a way, maybe I'm the one offended by the so called macho sexualization of male characters. It's been way over done. Real heroes come in all color, shapes, and sizes. So to eliminate all that, we need games to have customization of characters. Maybe a female wants a hunk with scars and ripped shirt showing pecks moving up and down. And maybe a male wants a woman that shows off curves and skin and pecks bouncing. To each their own. Just customize it. 

On 2/27/2019 at 2:33 AM, Shine_Spirit said:

Yes, they've been fighting so hard for their place in this market and they deserve every single space they can get. Most of male players still need to learn that... But guess what, with or without them, women will get there!

Seriously - Looking how Alice and Lara Croft was portrayed in Resident Evil and Tomb Raider respectively, it's very clear they up there on the same par with their male counterparts.