Register Now
Katri Marcell

Anyone wanna jump on the No Man's Sky HYPE TRAIN again?

I loved No Man's Sky from the first time I saw it a few months before release. I promised myself to buy it on launch day but coincidentally I was on vacation abroad at the time. When I got home after vacations I was bombarded by bad reviews, memes and friends dissing on the game was waiting for so long. Well, they wouldn't get to me.

I bought NMS and gave it all my time. I loved how sirene and peaceful it is and the only thing that I found negative was the lack of narrative storyline and a proper ending. Those things have been fixed with more coming later this summer so... I'm jumping on the HYPE TRAIN again, will you join me?

Sadly that kinda game isn't for me, but I am happy to see people giving it a try again. I was a bit cross on other's behalf on when it first came out as it seemed a very incomplete game and I felt that others deserved better than buying something that was incomplete. I'm glad you're getting back on that hype train though! Who knows, maybe you'll convince me! 😄

I actually found the game quite relaxing at launch. A little sandbox of stuff to explore~. I didn't mind not having set things to do. I think what bugged me was the guy who kept promising things (eg: 'you will be able to see other players') that weren't delivered on. I can only imagine the team during that time being like, "Dude, shut up, please." 

I haven't played much since launch so I don't know what has been added in updates. I should give it a revisit sometime. 

I don't have a PS4 (crossing my fingers on that PS4 contest, haha) but NMS always looked like a pretty neat indie game. Now that it's coming to Xbox One, I will check it out at some point. Probably when it's cheap.

I agree that I really enjoyed the game the first time around, I played over 100 hours of it and had a good ship and multi-tool and all the slots on my suit opened up.  I still have my copy and have been considering jumping back in with all the news surrounding the updates.  It definitely seems they have delivered a much more complete game at this point.  I think the only thing holding me back is that it has been so long since I played it almost feels daunting to jump back in and figure out where I was and  get a grasp on all these new mechanics like base building, side missions, freighters, and such.  But i'm getting closer and closer to booting it up again.