Register Now
skyfire

Do you purchase anything from the PS Store?

I am not into the PS Store much. most of the games that I want I usually go from the steam for most of the time. And also there are boxed pack for most popular games as well. So never had the chance to purchase the game from PS Store. So have you ever purchased anything from the PS Store? What was your experience with the PS Store?

I dont purchase on the PS store because the prices tend to be the same or higher than the physical games. I will normally get better prices at gamestop or walmart.  I do have a 20% off coupon that came with my PS4 that I've meaning to use but I will just wait for a sale.

I have seen that some of the humble bundle prices are good too. Now that they have started to have the games apart from the bundles. so it seems like a good place to watch out for new games as they come into the market. 

On 2/24/2019 at 7:48 AM, DylanC said:

I purchase from the PS Store all the time. Here in the UK the sale prices can be pretty damn good and are occasionally better than buying from brick and mortar shops. 

I purchase the majority of my games via the PS Store these days.. I find the prices with Sony's digital sales are generally a lot cheaper than obtaining physical copies, especially if you're prepared to risk shopping around in different regions (Turkey, Indonesia, and Brazil seem to be best).

Since the PlayStation 5 is my main console, I tend to buy things from the PS store from time to time. I do prefer to buy games physically but sometimes it can be cheaper to get it from there. Plus, with some games like FIFA, certain editions are only available digitally.

Sadly don't own any of the recent Playstation consoles. Could only afford to go for one and that was the Xbox one. Would like to get a ps5 and Xbox series s or x. I have not purchased from the Sony store myself. But I have bought psn cards for gifts and such. 

On 2/1/2022 at 6:25 PM, Darth said:

Since the PlayStation 5 is my main console, I tend to buy things from the PS store from time to time. I do prefer to buy games physically but sometimes it can be cheaper to get it from there. Plus, with some games like FIFA, certain editions are only available digitally.

Apart from getting some of those games on the store since I can't get it elsewhere, I don't see any incentive that will make me want to keep buying from there.

On 3/5/2022 at 11:52 PM, Knight Barida said:

Apart from getting some of those games on the store since I can't get it elsewhere, I don't see any incentive that will make me want to keep buying from there.

I haven't purchased any video game in the ps store, it's either I get it on steam or on game pass.

Not being a huge fan of PlayStation it's not very often I ever get something from the PlayStation store and usually it's only if there is a game that I would like to play is only ever available on the PlayStation. For example, when Fall Guys first released, we got that from the PlayStation store with it only being available on the PlayStation and also another time has been when we have wanted to try betas of Call of Duty games when they have been on the PlayStation earlier. Other than that, I don't really bother with the PlayStation store.

I purchase stuff from the PSN store yes, Not as much today as I did when I owned a PS3. Back then i'd buy a lot of PSone classics among other games, and use them on both PS3 and PSP/Vita when it came out. I really liked that and wish they'd bring back PS1 game support properly on PS5 but so far, no dice.