Register Now
Alexander.

To old to play?

I know a lot of people who started playing games when they retired form their work at the age of 60. Since they don't have to go to work, they "kill time" playing games. I thing more old people should pick up gaming.

13 hours ago, Jasmin said:

I know a lot of people who started playing games when they retired form their work at the age of 60. Since they don't have to go to work, they "kill time" playing games. I thing more old people should pick up gaming.

Yeah, my uncle actually loves to play FIFA on his PS5 and we sometimes play together any time I go visiting and this man got it in him always giving a tough time to win him😅. And he is turning 60 this year by the way.

On 5/30/2022 at 4:47 AM, Jasmin said:

Yeah, when you get old, you get to have more alone time for yourself and it's why they love playing games because it keeps them busy. 

My grandfather still plays games even now, although most of his games are board games especially Chess. 

11 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Yeah, when you get old, you get to have more alone time for yourself and it's why they love playing games because it keeps them busy. 

Just the stage that I'm currently in right now, it's hard to play the way I used to play but I'm afraid that in the next 10 to 20 years, I would be resting from retirement and have enough time to play. 

That's only going to work for one who used to play video games before they were retired. It's always difficult for them to get into video newly at old age when they stop working. 

On 3/1/2019 at 8:52 PM, Cream Soda said:

Thinking that someone can't enjoy an activity because they are too old,  isn't that childlike thinking in itself? 

🤔🤔🤔

Some people think that they are wise with some of their assessments but in reality, they are the one's making a big fool of themselves. Unless it's an activity that's energy sapping, then it's something most old people can't get into. 

3 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

Just the stage that I'm currently in right now, it's hard to play the way I used to play but I'm afraid that in the next 10 to 20 years, I would be resting from retirement and have enough time to play. 

It's very good for one to plan oneself on time and know what he or she is working towards. At least by that time, you must have made all the arrangements that's going to help you play well when your off work completely. 

6 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Some people think that they are wise with some of their assessments but in reality, they are the one's making a big fool of themselves. Unless it's an activity that's energy sapping, then it's something most old people can't get into. 

There are some of such energy sapping activities that older folks get into and not to talk about playing video games that they just need to sit down in the comfort of their couch and enjoy. 

On 6/1/2022 at 8:34 AM, Boblee said:

My grandfather still plays games even now, although most of his games are board games especially Chess. 

What's his age right now? I know that it's always going to be so much fun when you see him playing and to play with him as well. 

xD, most elderlies love board games, but it's a shame I didn't witness my grand parents playing any one, even my own biological parents don't play video games. I believe my grand children will talk about me in the next 40-60 years, as a grandfather that enjoys playing console games xD. 

18 hours ago, Boblee said:

There are some of such energy sapping activities that older folks get into and not to talk about playing video games that they just need to sit down in the comfort of their couch and enjoy. 

One thing that I have learnt about getting into exercises is that you don't have to use all your energy and all the force in your body to do them. If you take it slow, it's still the same thing. I have seen older people getting into marathon race. 

On 6/1/2022 at 3:41 PM, Heatman said:

That's only going to work for one who used to play video games before they were retired. It's always difficult for them to get into video newly at old age when they stop working. 

A lot of people believe that baby boomers are too old to ply games because they did not get to use technology they way Gen Y or Gen Z are using. That might be true to some extent though

On 6/2/2022 at 12:44 PM, Heatman said:

What's his age right now? I know that it's always going to be so much fun when you see him playing and to play with him as well. 

He should be around 89 years if I remembered correctly. The funny thing is that he doesn't use walking stick or use eye glasses. He's a very strong and healthy man. 

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

He should be around 89 years if I remembered correctly. The funny thing is that he doesn't use walking stick or use eye glasses. He's a very strong and healthy man. 

It's so nice hearing that your grandfather at 89 years still manages to play board games and is that strong not to use walking stick.