Register Now
iddy1994

what do you prefer in walkthroughs?

10 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Haven't watch a Walk through video in years, but I liked more when the commentary was kept as low as possible or only when needed. I think the last one I saw was when South park stick of truth was out.

So do you prefer it if its a comedy walkthrough or just straight up gameplay 

I like it when the person who records it do less drama. like no crying, no shouting no acting of any sort. like if they see any zombie or so they don't yell or scream on the microphone. that' something I just don't want to see in the walkthrough. I tend to prefer no commentary if possible. 

To be honest I prefer not to watch a walkthrough. Why? It just spoils the fun! I'd rather play the game on my own without the need of watching anything but the trailer. Why would you even consider watching a walkthrough anyways? The only walkthroughs I have seen was the pokemon for GBC but I only saw it because I wanted to relive my childhood.

7 hours ago, Mushmellow said:

To be honest I prefer not to watch a walkthrough. Why? It just spoils the fun! I'd rather play the game on my own without the need of watching anything but the trailer. Why would you even consider watching a walkthrough anyways? The only walkthroughs I have seen was the pokemon for GBC but I only saw it because I wanted to relive my childhood.

Well, sometimes people who don't have the console or game but really like the look of it would want to watch the gameplay. Sine they can't play it themselves

On 2/26/2019 at 4:23 AM, skyfire said:

I like it when the person who records it do less drama. like no crying, no shouting no acting of any sort. like if they see any zombie or so they don't yell or scream on the microphone. that' something I just don't want to see in the walkthrough. I tend to prefer no commentary if possible. 

So you don't like it when they over act something simple that happens during the game?

12 hours ago, iddy1994 said:

Well, sometimes people who don't have the console or game but really like the look of it would want to watch the gameplay. Sine they can't play it themselves

True I used to do that when the current gen came out for the same reason, but I haven't seen a Walkthrough in years now and I'm not really planning on seeing one again.

21 hours ago, iddy1994 said:

So you don't like it when they over act something simple that happens during the game?

Yes something simple like jump from one place to another where they scream and yell like its too difficult for them. It kind of makes me feel like drama is not even worth it. I think you can see how boring it can get if they stop drama. Maybe some people like such drama and they tend to like the gamer for this reason. 

On 2/27/2019 at 8:08 PM, kingpotato said:

True I used to do that when the current gen came out for the same reason, but I haven't seen a Walkthrough in years now and I'm not really planning on seeing one again.

fair enough. I was only asking because I was thinking about starting to do walkthroughs again, but i've limited it to short reviews of games edited in a comedic way. However, my style it just depends if people find it funny

17 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yes something simple like jump from one place to another where they scream and yell like its too difficult for them. It kind of makes me feel like drama is not even worth it. I think you can see how boring it can get if they stop drama. Maybe some people like such drama and they tend to like the gamer for this reason. 

Well for one, i'm a cry baby when it comes to scary games, i've tried playing them and recorded my reaction as well and i was a little baby XD

1 hour ago, iddy1994 said:

Well for one, i'm a cry baby when it comes to scary games, i've tried playing them and recorded my reaction as well and i was a little baby XD

Same here I'm currently playing RE 7 but only during the day for about an hour and after that I need another 2 hours of Kirby or something like that to calm myself xD.