Register Now
iddy1994

what do you prefer in walkthroughs?

Well, I wouldn't mind as long as it's very clear and informative. It's only when it's boring and not done well that I might be forced to lose any atom of interest in it. Although, I would prefer it with less commentary. 

Depends on the guy who's making them, some people know how to edit them real well and make you curious to complete the walkthrough, but some of them keep dropping some real bad jokes that make you wish he never had a mouth at the first place

I think it mostly depends on the game. Blind playthroughs work better for games that have lots of surprises or open-ended choices for each player to make. Maybe like an Elder Scrolls game. This is also why so many hundreds of people have LPed games like IWBTG.

If I'm legitimately looking up a video walkthrough because I'm stuck in a game and don't know how to progress, if I click on the video and hear, "Hey guys, it's...!" I will immediately click off and go find one without commentary. I love YouTube, but everybody with a console and a mic thinks they're a Let's Player these days.
That being said, there are Let's Players that I do follow, but I watch specifically for the commentary, not necessarily the gameplay.

I hate commentary on walkthroughs, if I accidentally click on a video that has commentary I either mute it or search for alternatives without commentary.

I only watch walkthroughs when I'm stuck in a game and can't find what to do, or where is some item.

Edited by m76

Commentary depending on the game and purpose. So a game where i need to be guided I'd like no commentary, a game where i want to enjoy as an audience to see played (with commentary) or if i know what i am doing and i want to hear the walkthrough to enjoy how they play then there's that.  So for example; final fantasy X I know the ins and outs of the game forwards and backwards post and before, story and after so I'd listen to a walkthrough so i can enjoy the essence of someone's enjoyment in playing it maybe for the first time, maybe a multi-time or whatever however for something like final fantasy 8 or 5 or 4 I'd like a walkthrough with no voice to show me what I am suppose to do without too much words. Games like Bullet storm, Binary domain are good quality game in the FPS genre so I'd like to see a walkthrough as the player enjoys the game maybe through dialogue or relationships between developing characters but mostly RPGs tend to be the main focus. 

On 2/26/2019 at 5:23 AM, skyfire said:

I like it when the person who records it do less drama. like no crying, no shouting no acting of any sort. like if they see any zombie or so they don't yell or scream on the microphone. that' something I just don't want to see in the walkthrough. I tend to prefer no commentary if possible. 

Seriously, when they get too over dramatic, it kills the interest and fun in it for me. If the commentary goes straight to the point, it's more better. 

On 1/21/2021 at 5:56 AM, mont86 said:

I'll watch walk through for entertainment and info.. I'm not very good at gaming , so I enjoy watching the experts at work..

I don't mind watching some but I just don't like the unnecessary monologue of some of those players about things that have nothing to do with the game.

I generally will play straight through. By now, if I haven't played a certain type of game, I find it tedious to go through the walk through. Once I get the idea of a game, I try to avoid the walk through if possible. Though if I haven't tried a game type in awhile, I will tend to go through the walk through a couple of times, just to get the hang of the game.

On 1/21/2021 at 11:56 AM, mont86 said:

I'll watch walk through for entertainment and info.. I'm not very good at gaming , so I enjoy watching the experts at work..

Personally, I'm more interested in the important information the walk through would provide for me towards playing the game.