Register Now
Alexander.

How much have you spent setting up your PC?

I'm assuming most gamers choose to build their PC instead of buying it outright. How much did everyone here spend just to get their computer working correctly? What parts did you buy and what were the costs? What was your budget and Did your end up under or overspending? 

This topic isn't relevant for me, as I have purchased a pre built Laptop from a local retailer. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

My previous desktop PC build was give and take $2000 at the time. This time around, it'll be even more expensive because I'm going to invest in a 3090 for 3-d modelling/animation so I'm looking at $3500 in total although I did buy most of the other components already. The only thing I'm missing is 5950x and a rtx 3090.

I'm usually only upgrading specific components at a time, I don't think I've done a completely new build where everything was replaced since 2010. My last upgrade was going from 32GB to 64GB RAM in October, of course I don't need that much for gaming it's more for work than anything else. That was a relatively cheap upgrade for $150. Before that I got a 2080TI in 2019 for $1000.

As for the amount of time it takes to put the components together and get it running, I'd say about 3-4 hours on average. It really isn't that hard to put together the components. If you watch videos from well respected tech youtubers, it's quite easy to learn and it's so much fun and satisfaction to see your creation come to life. You'll be like "It's ALIVE! It's ALIVE" and laughing like a maniac while lightning flashes in the background and some horror music chips in. Don't be that person...

On 1/19/2021 at 11:23 PM, killamch89 said:

My previous desktop PC build was give and take $2000 at the time. This time around, it'll be even more expensive because I'm going to invest in a 3090 for 3-d modelling/animation so I'm looking at $3500 in total although I did buy most of the other components already. The only thing I'm missing is 5950x and a rtx 3090.

I'm actually looking for something between the cost of $1500 to $2000 when I'm ready for a new PC. What recommendations can you give me?