Register Now
Alexander.

Intel or AMD

AMD takes lead in the gaming processors and graphics card. And INTEL seems to be more into commercial processors. Though even on that note, there is some sort of competition. But with graphics cards frm NVIDIA which sub company of AMD. I think they are already on the lead and it will be matter of time when they surpass the Intel completely. 

On 2/28/2019 at 4:31 PM, Bravosi said:

Intel, for sure. I had to deal with AMD once and I hated it. Strange, but intel is more reliable.

What was the issue that made you deal with AMD? As in if you have faced any heating issue? I think many people have faced it from what I have seen so far. 

On 2/27/2019 at 10:16 PM, skyfire said:

AMD takes lead in the gaming processors and graphics card. And INTEL seems to be more into commercial processors. Though even on that note, there is some sort of competition. But with graphics cards frm NVIDIA which sub company of AMD. I think they are already on the lead and it will be matter of time when they surpass the Intel completely. 

I don't even know what you're saying half the time.

First off, Intel doesn't make graphics cards.. Not at all, the only currently popular card types are the Radeon and NVIDIA GTX / RTX cards.

Secondly, AMD Radeon has recently made rounds and is starting to beat AMD to the draw in terms of popularity. if you really want some evidence, you can take a look at the discussion we've had on the subject back during CES 2019.

Thirdly, that statement on Intel and Commercial processors is absolute bs. Their processors have always been targetted towards gaming and design (Mostly because both tend to be the most demanding features in terms of Processing Power and Graphic Card demand alongside Video Editing). Meanwhile, AMD's RYZEN Processors and Threadripper Processors focus on multitasking and heavy workloads (AKA being able to stream or perform a wide variety of tasks thanks to multi-threading).

Like, Intel is TRYING to make a graphics card but that's just a recent development. Not only that, but it doesn't seem to be providing anything that either Radeon/NVIDIA have already provided. So yeah, I'm aware of the following video just in case:

22 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

I don't even know what you're saying half the time.

First off, Intel doesn't make graphics cards.. Not at all, the only currently popular card types are the Radeon and NVIDIA GTX / RTX cards.

Secondly, AMD Radeon has recently made rounds and is starting to beat AMD to the draw in terms of popularity. if you really want some evidence, you can take a look at the discussion we've had on the subject back during CES 2019.

Thirdly, that statement on Intel and Commercial processors is absolute bs. Their processors have always been targetted towards gaming and design (Mostly because both tend to be the most demanding features in terms of Processing Power and Graphic Card demand alongside Video Editing). Meanwhile, AMD's RYZEN Processors and Threadripper Processors focus on multitasking and heavy workloads (AKA being able to stream or perform a wide variety of tasks thanks to multi-threading).

1. I never claimed Intel makes graphics card. 

2. Nvidida is AMD company and they are into graphics cards. 

3. So my point was comparison on the basis of the graphics cards with AMD vs Intel was not reasonable . 

On 3/13/2019 at 2:51 AM, skyfire said:

1. I never claimed Intel makes graphics card. 

2. Nvidida is AMD company and they are into graphics cards. 

3. So my point was comparison on the basis of the graphics cards with AMD vs Intel was not reasonable . 

2.- WHAT?!

AMD doesn't own NVIDIA nor is NVIDIA an AMD subsidiary! They are COMPETITORS. They have been in direct competition ever since the Radeon Cards have been around.

3.- Then what the hell was your point? AMD and Intel are competing in terms of Processors especially because of the argument I made earlier.

On 6/19/2019 at 10:26 PM, skyfire said:

My work laptop has Intel too. I don't see that to be changing because it is given by the office. And maybe I may consider AMD based laptop for gaming if I have to pay for it myself for now it's not an option. 

Once AMD mobile chips develop, I will definitely be switching to AMD based-laptops as well. For now, the AMD based laptops are behind their Intel counterparts.

I think the issue with that is going to be the current trends of manufacturers adopting to it. Not a lot of brands can adopt to that from what I have seen so far. Some brands may not be able to do that. But yeah lets see if the AMD can beat intel in the laptop market. 

9 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think the issue with that is going to be the current trends of manufacturers adopting to it. Not a lot of brands can adopt to that from what I have seen so far. Some brands may not be able to do that. But yeah lets see if the AMD can beat intel in the laptop market. 

I still want Intel to give AMD some competition because we the customers are the ones that win when companies face stiff competition from each other.

Edited by killamch89