Register Now
DylanC

The Resident Evil series has now sold over 90 million units

I think the new remake definitely made Capcom more money than any other games I bet. Because it seems like they did pay attention to the details and now the game looks more realistic with the zombies. I for one definitely am looking for their upcoming series in times to come. I expect them to make more tough games with realistic graphics. 

On 3/7/2019 at 3:17 AM, Bravosi said:

Wow! I didn't realize it was so popular THAT MUCH!

Believe me, Resident Evil is far more popular than a huge amount of the general gaming populace is aware. I have been playing RE since I was a kid and it is one of my if not my favorite horror series. I love RE 7 so much that I refuse to play it because of how frightening the game is - I can't afford for my neighbors to hear me scream like a girl! 🤣

Resident Evil is amazing, I love it.

The recent remake of Resident Evil 2 has sparked more interest in the series.

I know they already did a remake of the first a couple of years ago, but I would love to see another remake of Resident Evil 1 using Capcom's RE Engine (used in 7) like they did with 2 remake.

Although the remake of 1 was good, it didn't really provide a new gaming experience as they didn't use RE Engine and stuck to polished graphics and fixed camera perspective. I feel it would have been a lot more intense and enjoyable had they used RE Engine.

There's my 2 cents anyway.

Great topic.

Thanks,
Michael.

How can you go wrong with the Resident Evil Franchise, which was inspired by the George Romero's Living Dead films - and the modern day zombie genre that he created. I think Romero was going to make a film based on one of the Resident Evil video games, but it never got made for some reason.

7 hours ago, skyfire said:

Imagine the Resident Evil 3 Remake if released next year, that would also increase their earning. And soon who knows they may be one of the highest selling game development company out there. 

I hope they stop at 3 and don't bother remaking the whole series because quite frankly that is laziness. If it doesn't cost me that much, I won't complain.

On 3/7/2019 at 1:47 PM, Bravosi said:

Wow! I didn't realize it was so popular THAT MUCH!

Well have you seen Resident Evil 2 remake? If you have seen that remake gameplay, you can realize that it is meant to make that much money and it'd be something that may continue in next game too.