Register Now
Alexander.

Pre-Ordering

Pre-ordering isn't what I do and I haven't pre-ordered anything in a very long time. 85% of the time you do not need to pre-order anyway, meaning once the game gets released there are enough copies for everyone. You might get extra exclusive options if you pre-order but so what! isn't a big deal, right?

I wait and get the game later on for a good price, get games on third party keys sites for cheap. Last time I had pre-order a game was GTA5 for PC. 

2 hours ago, Empire said:

Pre-ordering isn't what I do and I haven't pre-ordered anything in a very long time. 85% of the time you do not need to pre-order anyway, meaning once the game gets released there are enough copies for everyone. You might get extra exclusive options if you pre-order but so what! isn't a big deal, right?

I wait and get the game later on for a good price, get games on third party keys sites for cheap. Last time I had pre-order a game was GTA5 for PC. 

I 100% agree with ya. There is more than enough games to go around for everyone. Pre-ordering was intended to be a picture of what to expect, but stores will have more than enough in stock. 

On 12/8/2020 at 6:12 AM, skyfire said:

Too much high cost if you order from scalpers and also the local ordering is out of stock. So I don't see the point of pre ordering this year for the PS 5. 

We already past that stage but I'm just saying that pre-ordering stuff nowadays usually ends badly for the early adopter. Check Cyberpunk 2077 as the latest in a long line of screwups during launches. I thank EA for giving me such a harsh lesson because I'll never do it again!

Pre-ordering this year will be far more slower in ordering anything. Just how 2020 is being like with everything this year. ANd not going to get better it seems. Like I said anyway for most games why ordering the game and yet you can get it a week still after the release since they will always make more copies then needed for boxed edition. 

13 hours ago, Empire said:

Pre-ordering this year will be far more slower in ordering anything. Just how 2020 is being like with everything this year. ANd not going to get better it seems. Like I said anyway for most games why ordering the game and yet you can get it a week still after the release since they will always make more copies then needed for boxed edition. 

One of the main reasons why Pre-Ordering will be significantly slower is the fact that most people have to manage their finances way tighter during this financial nightmare and more people are waking up to the fact that it's better to wait on reviews.

I've only preordered one game before, No Mans Sky - since then I never would again.

Plus with things going digital, it makes pre-ordering not so unique or special since I can get the same game on launch day after my friends have personally played it. 

On 1/17/2021 at 4:04 PM, skyfire said:

I think since the pandemic a lot of folks have stopped ordering the box packed one and moslty going with the digital download and it is working out for them. 

It makes a lot more sense to wait until the game is launched and you can get the reviews so that you can know what kind of a game you're getting.

On 12/30/2020 at 1:31 PM, Syntax said:

I've only preordered one game before, No Mans Sky - since then I never would again.

Plus with things going digital, it makes pre-ordering not so unique or special since I can get the same game on launch day after my friends have personally played it. 

I Pre-ordered Star Wars Battlefront and got burned pretty badly and I've never pre-ordered another game ever since.

I have never pre ordered gaming console in the past because it's always available whenever I wanted to get one and I'm never in a rush to play on it first. 

But right now, it's only Playstation 5 that I have been feeling that I should have pre ordered. 

The only stuff I’ve preordered was for releases where their amount they printed was based off the amount of preorders.

I personally don’t care to preorder a mass produced item sold at any nationwide chain.

On 1/25/2021 at 6:25 AM, killamch89 said:

It makes a lot more sense to wait until the game is launched and you can get the reviews so that you can know what kind of a game you're getting.

I Pre-ordered Star Wars Battlefront and got burned pretty badly and I've never pre-ordered another game ever since.

This is usually how I do it with most of my games and it's been working well for me. There was only one game that I pre ordered which didn't disappoint me. It was The Last Of Us Part II. After that, I haven't seen any game that I felt like is worth getting on pre order.