Register Now
StaceyPowers

How much do you rely on muscle memory while gaming?

If somebody asks you which control does what while playing a game you also play, are you able to tell them the answer? Or do you rely almost entirely on muscle memory to operate the controls?

Whenever anyone is playing a game and asks me what key to press to pull up a menu, jump, etc., most of the time I can’t for the life of me give them an answer—even though I could perform those actions easily with the controller in my hand.

On mobile you don't have do much of the work compared to the PC and console tapping and pressing the keys. In case of mobile you can just few tap ahead and make the movement with the one finger. So the mobile seems to be lot better with the movement. And compared to even the eyes it tends to be better. I guess we learn about the the finger health from that experience. 

Edited by skyfire

Good question. It’s weird as I tend to remember what the controls are for most games, but I sometimes forget when someone asks me and puts me on the spot, lol. My muscle memory kicks in for games I’ve played a ton - Skyrim, Fallout, Dark Souls, Black Ops and especially for platformers like Rogue Legacy,  Megaman etc.