Register Now
Alexander.

Identify fraud

By far I'm saying that everyone sells your personal information online for profit but some people do.

What do you do to prevent your email address from getting flooded whilst registering on gaming forums and support groups? 

I have two email accounts. One is professional and I only use when I have to email friends, family, work or other established companies.

The other is for everything I do online and I've receive over 80 spam emails a day but I've trained my provider to send all to spam so this isn't an issue. 

Hackers marketing your email for money is just one example of identity fraud. Various other identification theft could happen online as a result of giving out information for gaming services

Has this or something similar ever happened to you? What happened? What do you do to protect your email? 

Disposable email addresses can be an option. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

Seriously, email spams is a good reason why I find it very difficult to register or subscribe to any online site because they will spam the living daylight out of your mailbox. 

Most times, what I do is create a new mail to use for registering on such suspicious sites and careless about their spams. 

I try to use VPN in case if any specific game company tries to collect my information. I also make sure to use the details which does not track my card and other information. For example, I use the disposable cards which do not track my details.Also I try to avoid installing those games which require 10 other things as dependency and download something on their own. That is what I avoid whenever possible. Some android games also collect a lot of information, which I try to avoid and usually tell other gamers about such games. 

I think hackers are getting bad name these days. Most of the corporations are who making the issues with the hacking and security. Most of the time identity issues may happen because corporate wants your identity and not the hacker. You can see that having the identity issues often means companies don't care about your personal data from what I have seen so far. 

On 3/3/2019 at 8:09 PM, Anachiwo said:

Hackers will never stop hacking, so try as much as possible to protect your privacy, identification and security protocols. I personally don't give out my personal information online so easily. 

Do you use a different email for social media to your private life? Most websites nowadays require some basic personal information in order for you to register on their service. Would it possible if you share any tips, tricks or advice around privacy to help people such as myself?

Read this Article about keeping your Facebook profile from revealing too much to unwanted visitors if you are registered on the social media platform . You can also check whether your information has been leaked online by visiting Have I Been Pwned.

I try to keep my social media and the gaming profile different. I tend to keep my identity low on most of the cases. Because you never know what people can do with your images and then use it against you. It can get pretty worst on that note. So that is one more reason why I think it's better to be safe when you are affected by identity fraud.