Register Now
Alexander.

Video Game Demo's

It's always good to try a product, good or service before you buy to make sure it's fit the purpose as advertised by the company. 

Most of the  Demo's are time limited and not all of the features are enabled so you don't know if your going to regret the purchase decision afterwards. 

Watching game plays, walk through and tutorials of other YouTubers help me make an informed decision whether the game is right for me. 

Please give your view on this topic and explain your reasoning why

Edited by xXInfectedXx

I'm not among the set of impatient gamers who just rush into any game without having more information and reviews about it. In my opinion, game demo's are very important because it would literally give you an insight into what you are going to be getting in the game. I'm fully in support of game Demo. 

I have one virtual machine on Windows that is designed for such purpose. I try to install most of the games in it. And play the games. Most of the modern games work on it. Some may require more RAM. And so playing them can be pretty much harder and I have to find out alternative machine. But that said, I think some game demos are worth having as well. 

They are very important in my opinion because they help gamers to know exactly what they are looking at getting from such games and also help them in making their decisions o whether the game is worth it or not. 

2 hours ago, Shine_Spirit said:

I think game demo is a very important way of "predicting" the possible outcome that a certain game can have. However, I don't have to much patience to play them... I just like to play the final version (when I have time for it, haha)!

Probably you must have some knowledge about how good or bad the said game which you wanted to play which as a result of such information you aren't bothered about playing the demo. This happens to most people. 

50 minutes ago, Anachiwo said:

Probably you must have some knowledge about how good or bad the said game which you wanted to play which as a result of such information you aren't bothered about playing the demo. This happens to most people. 

Well, truth be told this might be a good reason why some people don't bother to play game Demo because they already have the needed information about the game already, so still going to play the demo is a waste of time and effort. 

22 hours ago, Anachiwo said:

Yeah. I think you've said all the answer here. I can't think in a better reason for it, haha! Most of people think just like us and I think this never gonna change. But video game demos are still important.

3 hours ago, Shine_Spirit said:

Yeah. I think you've said all the answer here. I can't think in a better reason for it, haha! Most of people think just like us and I think this never gonna change. But video game demos are still important.

Of course video games demo are very important otherwise the game companies would not bother making them in the first place. Some people might have different views on it but it doesn't really change how good they are. 

I think demos are only good for the reviewers who want to review the game before the release. And also for the gamers who want to try out the game before they can stream or say even play for hours. I think not all people can do this comfortably in every context though. Some of the time using game demos and then allowing the upgrade may or may not be good in all cases. 

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 2:00 AM, Heatman said:

Of course video games demo are very important otherwise the game companies would not bother making them in the first place. Some people might have different views on it but it doesn't really change how good they are. 

Yes, this is a "system" that works very well. So, because of that (and many other factors)... I think this way of see the things isn't going to change anytime soon.

Some games are also time limited. Like say playing the game for 30 minutes or so. And there are some of the games which are level limited. And they only allow the upgraded version if you pay for the same. Those demos are not that bad to download and make use of as well. In past some demos used to make cheap upgrade. 

Yes I do remember some titles. In fact some games also had the extra animated footage. Which used to show some back story or something. In other cases it had the multiplayer installation. It had some of the multiplayer network server installation. It was fun to explore the second discs for many games. 

On 3/7/2019 at 4:55 AM, kingpotato said:

You guys remember the old days when you purchased a brand new game and it came with an extra disc that was the demo of a game or even better some included the demo on the menu of your game ?
This happened during the PS2 era for me

Exactly. It was such a funny time in the gaming world and actually we really loved it well back then. I can very much remember some of the adventure games demo I played back then.