Register Now
Alexander.

Do you leave your PC on or turn it off?

I think if you keep the browser like firefox and chrome open for long enough. It tends to eat a lot of CPU. So if you don't work on the computer or laptop then turning it off can be a good option. That's what I do these days. Otherwise my browsers will eat a lot of CPU for sure. 

On 6/4/2019 at 12:43 AM, skyfire said:

I think if you keep the browser like firefox and chrome open for long enough. It tends to eat a lot of CPU. So if you don't work on the computer or laptop then turning it off can be a good option. That's what I do these days. Otherwise my browsers will eat a lot of CPU for sure. 

Browsers don't tend to affect the CPU as much as they use up a lot of RAM, especially Chrome.

On 6/6/2019 at 10:22 PM, skyfire said:

Considering the things that Windows 10 can do to your PC if you keep it on and have it connect with Wifi. I would just hold my data and not keep it connected after I am done with usage. 

I pay a set fee for unlimited bandwidth per month so I am not affected at all in that department...

On 6/18/2019 at 10:35 PM, skyfire said:

For me I get around 50GB free and additional 50GB is being charged. So I am kind of worried about those auto updates and the windows 10 doing something in the background. That is what I wish to avoid.

I think you can turn off auto-updating in the background by checking in the windows settings so that could solve your issues. The background functions are harder to monitor because you don't know if that background function is essential or not.

On 8/13/2019 at 8:17 PM, skyfire said:

Windows 10 only lets you do that for 90 days. And after that updates are forced on you. So it kind of like just limited turn off option. 

I managed to get mine to only update manually and it has been like that since I configured my machine when I first got it in 2016 and other people have been able to do it as well so you should look it up.

On 9/5/2019 at 10:48 AM, killamch89 said:

I managed to get mine to only update manually and it has been like that since I configured my machine when I first got it in 2016 and other people have been able to do it as well so you should look it up.

I think that is much better option but mine auto updates even if delayed for later.