Register Now
Alexander.

Do you leave your PC on or turn it off?

If I am downloading/updating something, I lock my PC but leave it on. Otherwise, unless I am using my PC, I turn it off. I know a few leave their PC on all day and overnight but unless you're using it, surely it is a waste of electricity.

I have my PC on 24/7 for the most part. When not in use I just put it into sleep mode, which is perfectly fine to do. It's probably better than turning your PC off and on often. Plus I work a lot on my PC so I just figure it'd save me time when I need it. 

On 12/31/2020 at 2:42 AM, skyfire said:

I have realized during the pandemic that unless I have a backup PC, there is no need for stretching the device 24/7 and also need to reboot or shut down every now and then. 

That's what I've been telling you. If you're not using your machine, it doesn't make much sense to have it running all the time. You save on electricity along with other things.

I have Laptop and Desktop, My laptop is on when I get up in the morning and if I'm home all day it's going to be on till 11 pm or if not later. When I'm out or not at home is when it's going to be off. Even off when I'm sleeping. Regards to my desktop I only have it on when I'm using it, gaming streaming or whatever. Even on when downloading for hours. Other times it's off.

Right now on my laptop and my desktop is off