Register Now
skyfire

Dolphin Emulator for Nintendo Games

Most of the nintendo games have now have the emulator. But some of the games are yet to be ported. And it seems like there are communities that are working on porting the game. It seems like the porting does not always happen on all OS. As of now It seems the Windows 10 support is slowly coming out. And it's reasonable to make use of the emulators such as dolphin to try it out. Have you used dolphin emulator for Nintendo?

On 3/4/2019 at 10:15 PM, skyfire said:

Most of the nintendo games have now have the emulator. But some of the games are yet to be ported. And it seems like there are communities that are working on porting the game. It seems like the porting does not always happen on all OS. As of now It seems the Windows 10 support is slowly coming out. And it's reasonable to make use of the emulators such as dolphin to try it out. Have you used dolphin emulator for Nintendo?

Yes.

Yes I have.

On 4/17/2019 at 10:51 PM, kingpotato said:

I used it once, it worked just fine, I really wanted to emulate more wii games and use the motion controls so I opted for a moded wii.

You know you can also emulate the wiimote and connect it on dolphin right?

6 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

You know you can also emulate the wiimote and connect it on dolphin right?

Well a little to late for me to know that 😆 well back then my pc was not in the best conditions and it wasnt worth it anymore so I just opted for the quickest and cheapest option.

Edited by kingpotato

Considering the Windows 10 1903 also has the option for the sandbox. I think it'd be easier to have more emulators to test before finalizing the installs. I think it'd be great to test out such games. 

On 10/5/2019 at 8:41 AM, skyfire said:

I think many nintendo specific streamers make use of it for streaming but many of them get taken down too from what I have heard. 

Nintendo is very strict with their copyright procedures because even with Youtubers uploading games like Zelda among other signature Nintendo games, monetizing the videos puts them at risk of being taken down by Nintendo which is bonkers.

On 10/31/2019 at 1:52 AM, skyfire said:

Yeah I wanted to record the games but realized that they may take down eventually. So decided not to bother with nintendo games for streaming. 

I find it ridiculous that you can't stream Nintendo games unless you hand over all profits you make from it to Nintendo...

Well, I was pretty sure I had read Nintendo relaxed a bit on that.I found an article from The Verge

“As long as you follow some basic rules, we will not object to your use of game play footage and/or screenshots captured from games for which Nintendo owns the copyright in the content you create for appropriate video and image sharing sites,” a statement on Nintendo’s website reads. [...] Those rules include providing unique commentary or “creative input.” That means Let’s Plays or live-streams that include some original commentary are acceptable.

As for the Dolphin I haven't really used it, then again right now all my computers have Windows 10 installed.
I recently visit one of my best friends and he uses it so he was showing me some gameplay from Xenoblade Chronicles.
I'm curious about the emulator, so maybe I'll give it a try later on.

On 11/4/2019 at 8:21 AM, killamch89 said:

I find it ridiculous that you can't stream Nintendo games unless you hand over all profits you make from it to Nintendo...

They have profit sharing rule as far as I know they usually don't have problem sharing streamed revenue with you..