Register Now
kingpotato

Fighting Games nowadays.

I've always been bad at fighting games but that doesnt stop me from playing some every now and then. One thing I notice is that today's Fighting games are taking advantage of the DLC formats, for every 60 dollar release there will be a big list of characters ready to be added to the rooster for a high price. Basically if you want more characters you need to pay more, you could spent as twice as much as you paid for the game and still not get all the characters for the game. I miss the old days when we used to spent hours trying to figure out how to unlock new characters.

I would like to recommend playing Tekken 7 if you are that interested in playing fighting games. It's a great addition to the fighting gaming franchise, I have been playing it for a while now and it's quite a great deal of game. 

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

I would like to recommend playing Tekken 7 if you are that interested in playing fighting games. It's a great addition to the fighting gaming franchise, I have been playing it for a while now and it's quite a great deal of game. 

I havent played Tekken since the PS2, the gameplay was ok but I did like the story specially the grandfather, father and son feud.

On 3/5/2019 at 5:14 PM, The Blackangel said:

I'll stick to the fighting games where you have a set list of characters to choose from. You pick one and you fight. Simple as that. Street Fighter II, Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct, and the like. mainly the ones that came out around the SNES era.

So true, thats one of the reasons I'm hesitating on buying the new Mortal Kombat 11, it looks good yeah but I dont want to pay for more characters, I want to be able to unlock them by myself with my sweat and tears not with my credit card.

On 3/6/2019 at 2:39 AM, Bravosi said:

They're way too expensive which turns off many users from getting them including myself.

Yeah, for example I really want to buy the DragonBall fighterZ, but to get new DLC characters you need to pay like 3-5 dollars each, so just to get new characters you can end up paying double the value of the game.

On 3/5/2019 at 2:09 PM, kingpotato said:

I've always been bad at fighting games but that doesnt stop me from playing some every now and then. One thing I notice is that today's Fighting games are taking advantage of the DLC formats, for every 60 dollar release there will be a big list of characters ready to be added to the rooster for a high price. Basically if you want more characters you need to pay more, you could spent as twice as much as you paid for the game and still not get all the characters for the game. I miss the old days when we used to spent hours trying to figure out how to unlock new characters.

On 3/6/2019 at 4:39 AM, Bravosi said:

They're way too expensive which turns off many users from getting them including myself.

Hardest disagreement on this one, lads.

See, this is only seen in NetherRealm games more than anything. A lot of fighting games nowadays are trying to go Free to Play with the option to pay for the full game. Examples of which include Dead or Alive 6 and Dissidia NT

In other instances, the base game is sold at a low price and then, the full game is given the full $60 price tag, which includes the characters and future DLC. Games like BlazBlue CrossTag Battle, Street Fighter V, and Dragon Ball FighterZ are the best examples.

So yeah, this whole argument is unfounded. 

On 5/7/2019 at 4:57 PM, kingpotato said:

So true, thats one of the reasons I'm hesitating on buying the new Mortal Kombat 11, it looks good yeah but I dont want to pay for more characters, I want to be able to unlock them by myself with my sweat and tears not with my credit card.

Don't buy it, it's not worth it. Trust me.

5 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

Hardest disagreement on this one, lads.

See, this is only seen in NetherRealm games more than anything. A lot of fighting games nowadays are trying to go Free to Play with the option to pay for the full game. Examples of which include Dead or Alive 6 and Dissidia NT

In other instances, the base game is sold at a low price and then, the full game is given the full $60 price tag, which includes the characters and future DLC. Games like BlazBlue CrossTag Battle, Street Fighter V, and Dragon Ball FighterZ are the best examples.

So yeah, this whole argument is unfounded. 

Regarding DBZ,  the low price we are referring to is about 25-30 dollars, which is not that much but considering that each new character costs between 3-5 dollars , getting them all will cost you more than the game itself, or we if consider the bundles it might be around the same price of the game itself, and lets not forget that new characters are being added for this game, most recently a few months ago for the Broly movie. I know these are optional you dont have to pay for all of them but the low price of the game its not worth it for me considering that I have to pay a lot more for the extra characters. Hell even MK 10 released a version with most of the characters and its just 20 dollars after some time. Its better to just wait for the game until it gets a lower price and a "complete" version is released, so thats why for me games like DBZ fighter at the moment are not worth it even if the base game has a low price.

I'm not sure about the other games that you mentioned since I dont know their prices or how their DLC system works, I'm guessing its almost the same.

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

Regarding DBZ,  the low price we are referring to is about 25-30 dollars, which is not that much but considering that each new character costs between 3-5 dollars , getting them all will cost you more than the game itself, or we if consider the bundles it might be around the same price of the game itself, and lets not forget that new characters are being added for this game, most recently a few months ago for the Broly movie. I know these are optional you dont have to pay for all of them but the low price of the game its not worth it for me considering that I have to pay a lot more for the extra characters. Hell even MK 10 released a version with most of the characters and its just 20 dollars after some time. Its better to just wait for the game until it gets a lower price and a "complete" version is released, so thats why for me games like DBZ fighter at the moment are not worth it even if the base game has a low price.

I'm not sure about the other games that you mentioned since I dont know their prices or how their DLC system works, I'm guessing its almost the same.

It's inevitable..we will get a DBFZ version that has all the characters... Either that or we'll get the game as is...

As for the other games I mentioned. Let's roll over the list

Dissidia NT 

-> BASE GAME: FREE

-> FULL GAME: $40

Under Night In-Birth EXE Late[St]

-> FULL GAME: $40 Dollars

Dead or Alive 6

-> BASE GAME: Free

-> FULL GAME: $60 Dollars

Both Dissidia and DOA6 Include Season passes on the full game purchase, by the way.

So yeah. 

Also, why are you okay with Smash Bros doing it then? The fighter pass is going to be the FIRST ONE. Not only that, but characters also cost 5$ a piece.

Not to.mention, a character that hasn't even been planned to be announced for 5 bucks is a good deal tbh... It adds to the game and meta while constantly keeping the game flourishing and refreshing.

Believe it.or not, I use this kind of games as good examples of Games as a Service picks. Because they don't force the DLC down your throat and it allows to support the game for longer periods while providing new content.

6 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

It's inevitable..we will get a DBFZ version that has all the characters... Either that or we'll get the game as is...

As for the other games I mentioned. Let's roll over the list

Dissidia NT 

-> BASE GAME: FREE

-> FULL GAME: $40

Under Night In-Birth EXE Late[St]

-> FULL GAME: $40 Dollars

Dead or Alive 6

-> BASE GAME: Free

-> FULL GAME: $60 Dollars

Both Dissidia and DOA6 Include Season passes on the full game purchase, by the way.

So yeah. 

Also, why are you okay with Smash Bros doing it then? The fighter pass is going to be the FIRST ONE. Not only that, but characters also cost 5$ a piece.

Not to.mention, a character that hasn't even been planned to be announced for 5 bucks is a good deal tbh... It adds to the game and meta while constantly keeping the game flourishing and refreshing.

Believe it.or not, I use this kind of games as good examples of Games as a Service picks. Because they don't force the DLC down your throat and it allows to support the game for longer periods while providing new content.

Well I never said I was okay with Super smash bros doing it, I dont even own a Switch, Well If I do get a Switch I will complain about it as well.

I dont like DLC, I understand why its done and how that benefits online gaming for a few games but I just dont like it. I will gladly pay full price for a game if I'm getting the full game, for me paying 5 bucks for a single character is not worth it.

True you are not obligated to pay for the DLC and its a good thing that this allows new content for the game, but this is not for me. Maybe other consumers are happy with the new content and updates but I dont like paying more for a game after I already purchased the damn disc.

Two of the games that you mentioned Dissidia NT and Dead or Alive 6 they sound like a good deal since the Base game is Free and I'm assuming you can purchase characters separately or something like that, and of course the full rooster (among other things) has its own cost. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Killer instinct is also the same.

11 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Well I never said I was okay with Super smash bros doing it, I dont even own a Switch, Well If I do get a Switch I will complain about it as well.

I dont like DLC, I understand why its done and how that benefits online gaming for a few games but I just dont like it. I will gladly pay full price for a game if I'm getting the full game, for me paying 5 bucks for a single character is not worth it.

True you are not obligated to pay for the DLC and its a good thing that this allows new content for the game, but this is not for me. Maybe other consumers are happy with the new content and updates but I dont like paying more for a game after I already purchased the damn disc.

Two of the games that you mentioned Dissidia NT and Dead or Alive 6 they sound like a good deal since the Base game is Free and I'm assuming you can purchase characters separately or something like that, and of course the full rooster (among other things) has its own cost. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Killer instinct is also the same.

Yes, Killer Instinct also has the base game for free with the full game being the full 60 bucks. A very fair practice if I do say so myself because it allows potential customers to try the game out 

2 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

Yes, Killer Instinct also has the base game for free with the full game being the full 60 bucks. A very fair practice if I do say so myself because it allows potential customers to try the game out 

For these types of games sure the free main game is a fair practice. But to conclude I just dont like DLC therefore my problem with having to pay separately for more characters if I'm already paying for the full game. 

On 5/9/2019 at 7:34 PM, kingpotato said:

For these types of games sure the free main game is a fair practice. But to conclude I just dont like DLC therefore my problem with having to pay separately for more characters if I'm already paying for the full game. 

YEAH SO I FOUND OUT SOMETHING ABOUT DBFZ

Yes, the game costs 100 bucks in the deluxe edition

But you do get tons of free content AND every season pass as it releases. In other words, you liuterally only have to make a single investment and then you'll get the full game.

Not only that, but nowadays the price has been made cjheapper and places like green man gaming offer it at prices like 50 bucks.

So your entire argument's foundation is null and void. HA!