Register Now
The Blackangel

Classic Gamers

Tell me I'm not the only one that sticks mostly to the old stuff. Cartridge systems. Atari, Colecovision, NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis. I play a bit of PS1 and PS3, but this post is for the old stuff. Who else is a classic gamer? What's your favorite classic game? Why? And no picking the major series like Zelda or Castlevania. I'm looking for more obscure games. Anything else is cool. If it's a movie title (F13) that's fine. If it's a relatively unheard of game, even better. For me it's Blaster Master. It's a perfect mix of sci-fi and fantasy. You follow your pet frog down a hole and find a world unlike anything you could have imagined. You take command of a tank (names Sophia) and have to fight through several stages to save the world. I suck at descriptions, but the game is really awesome.

Here's the Wikipedia: Blaster Master

Blaster Master seems pretty good to me. I think that I have seen a few people who are into such classic games and they are very well satisfied with it. Literally, I don't have an specific game preference but as long as the game is fun filled to play, I'm good with it. 

I do love the classics, for sure. Off the top of my head, some of my favourite classic games are Fantasy World Dizzy, Super Mario Bros 1-3, Super Mario World, Golden Axe, Silent Hill and Resident Evil. I’m still VERY tempted to buy a mini NES for old time’s sake. I still need to play Blaster Master, though.

Edited by DylanC

I have collection of classic games. Also I do make use of the emulators. And even more so I have DOSBOX. And those games are easy to play for some of the emualtors. But it's not always easy. I can think of many games that I can play on the classic games. You can also consider making use of the Linux based emualtors and play the game there. I think most of the SNES and Gameboy games are popular.