Register Now
iddy1994

Indie titles

I love indie games. They’re the best for coming up with new, innovative gameplay ideas that are too risky in the AAA space. Sure, some are rubbish, but there are a lot of hidden gems to be found in the indie ecosystem. From Undertale, to FTL, to Hotline Miami, to Rogue Legacy, to Inside and Limbo, there’s a ton of great indie games out there to experience. 

I am supportive towards the indie titles. I like supporting the game developers. And I often review some of the indie titles that I find on the humble bundle. It can be pretty interesting to support them and learn from their new designs and the gaming releases. Android is pretty much loaded with the games from the indie developers. 

14 hours ago, DylanC said:

I love indie games. They’re the best for coming up with new, innovative gameplay ideas that are too risky in the AAA space. Sure, some are rubbish, but there are a lot of hidden gems to be found in the indie ecosystem. From Undertale, to FTL, to Hotline Miami, to Rogue Legacy, to Inside and Limbo, there’s a ton of great indie games out there to experience. 

I understand what you mean. Some of the titles I've seen have been so weird but so fun

13 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Its been a good couple of years for indie games, they have a better chance to shine compared to the old days. The best indie game for me is Alien Homid I had it on my GBA.

I remember playing that game. It was crazy

I feel the indie market is huge at the moment. I mean, it's always been there but lately it's been where you would find some of the most inventive and emotional gaming experiences. And a lot of games for people who want a nostalgia kick too. Being an indie game dev myself, I am really happy that it's easier than ever to publish indie games. But that of course makes it even more important to stand out and make something memorable or niche.

38 minutes ago, Alyxx said:

I feel the indie market is huge at the moment. I mean, it's always been there but lately it's been where you would find some of the most inventive and emotional gaming experiences. And a lot of games for people who want a nostalgia kick too. Being an indie game dev myself, I am really happy that it's easier than ever to publish indie games. But that of course makes it even more important to stand out and make something memorable or niche.

I can across a game called Outward and from the bits I've seen so far about it, It's a really innovative MMORPG. Now, I'll just say that the combat in-game isn't the greatest - it's a pass but nothing spectacular but other features such as unleveled enemies and armors and weapons not being restricted by levels makes it a very interesting experience.

Most of the indie games designed with the open source engines can be fun too. I have seen some of such games made with godot interesting. Though only thing they lack is the company level graphics and the 3D graphics and features which is definitely missing.