Register Now
Alexander.

Question: Adding RAM

Ram stands for Random Access Memory. My Acer Laptop comes with 8GB although this isn't enough for some of the more powerful games I plan on playing 

So subsequently, I plan on installing more processing memory. I don't know how to go about doing this and where to buy it from though. 

What's your thoughts and recommendations?? 

I think these days gamers should have more than 8GB of RAM. Because anything less than that would stop them from playing the games. I have only two companies here which I trust - samsung and the crucial. There are some of the RAM that can be pretty expensive. Like if you are upgrading especially on the Apple side it can get expensive. 

8GB RAM is not enough for one with serious drive for gaming. I don't really know how to do this but I would recommend going to see a software expert in order to get a professional help in knowing how to get it done for you. Or better still, you can go for laptop with higher RAM. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

8GB RAM is not enough for one with serious drive for gaming. I don't really know how to do this but I would recommend going to see a software expert in order to get a professional help in knowing how to get it done for you. Or better still, you can go for laptop with higher RAM. 

The issue of RAM is the reason why I don't play games using android smartphone most times because the low RAM affects the gameplay in a very bad way. Thus, it's why desktop computers or PC are best suited for playing video games as a result of its higher RAM size. 

is it DDR4 or DDR3 ? (since it's a gaming laptop, i believe it's mostly DDR4, but it depends on the tier of the laptop, midrange, high range etc...), however, RAM's aren't always the most limiting thing when it comes to gaming, sometimes it can be the CPU or the GPU (mostly in laptops), 8 GB is enough if your CPU/GPU aren't that much of powerful (but since this thread is atleast 1 year old, i believe you upgraded to something better already :P)

Nothing you stopping added more ram 🙂 I mean the memory is a simple to upgrade for most Laptops. Will that's all you can do regards what can be upgraded. in your case that you only going to have two slots, most laptops only have one to two slots and they are fully taken. To find out if it's DDR3 or DDR4, I'm thinking that it's DDR3 since you using a far older system. and then look at the speeds and soo if your motherboard can support higher speeds. Just see what max you can put into the system. Most boards might support a max of 32GB or less. It's not like a desktop where they can go far as 128GB.

Then again 8gb is more then enought as no idea what CPU and gpU that your system has LOL  Most high end gaming laptops are max of 16GB

On 3/7/2019 at 8:50 AM, Anachiwo said:

The issue of RAM is the reason why I don't play games using android smartphone most times because the low RAM affects the gameplay in a very bad way. Thus, it's why desktop computers or PC are best suited for playing video games as a result of its higher RAM size. 

There are some mobile devices that are built specifically for gaming. If you happen to get one of them, then the issue of RAM wouldn't be an issue for you.