Register Now
Alexander.

VPN

A VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. I have been  considering for some time now to use  VPN on my PC although I wanted to gather who uses one for Gaming 

What impact does it have on Gaming and what's the difference between a free and paid VPN? 

I don't know if people use VPN for gaming. 

Most of the time people use VPN for bot running. There are some free VPNs with the data limit that you can use. You can consider making use of the Windscribe. I have their lifetime license. i have also good experience with the NordVPN.  

VPNs will generally increase your latency when gaming, although there are some situations where, if the VPN has hubs in both your city and the city of the server you're connecting to, it may reduce, or barely impact latency at all.

But having fast connection to the house with good ping is what needed for gaming. HELL, My $500 Router has VPN option that I do not use. I hear that Nord is one of best VPN's out there with a wide selection of servers types to connect to. Use the closest server to you to get the best latency.

On 2/17/2021 at 3:12 AM, skyfire said:

I have recently checked the news from the league of legends that if they detect VPN they deny the match joining attempts. sounds like harsh but they have done that.

I've seen plenty of companies do that very same things so I'm not surprised at all.

On 2/28/2021 at 7:16 AM, killamch89 said:

I've seen plenty of companies do that very same things so I'm not surprised at all.

Considering if the VPN adds more lag for other players so it can be pretty bad to have the VPN enabled so kind of agree with those people. 

I've heard good things about ExpressVPN. I haven't signed up for a VPN myself, but have been considering it for a while now too. I made a post somewhere here asking about VPN's, but can't for the life of me remember where, or what anyone said in their replies to it.

If you use any wireless hardware like a printer, your VPN will block it and not let you print. You would most likely have to run a cable between the two. The only way I was able to get mine to print was to delete and uninstall the VPN. I had NordVPN and it blocked all of my wireless stuff, not just my printer. Simply shutting the program down wasn't good enough to allow me to print. I had to delete the program. So personally I advise against getting a VPN.

12 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

If you use any wireless hardware like a printer, your VPN will block it and not let you print. You would most likely have to run a cable between the two. The only way I was able to get mine to print was to delete and uninstall the VPN. I had NordVPN and it blocked all of my wireless stuff, not just my printer. Simply shutting the program down wasn't good enough to allow me to print. I had to delete the program. So personally I advise against getting a VPN.

Was it just the NordVPN that gave you such challenges or just all the VPN's you tried? I think some VPN are more effective than others.