Register Now
Alexander.

VPN

9 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

The only one I tried was NordVPN. After the issues I had with it, I was soured on them and haven't used one since.

Imagine if you weren't able to figure out it was the VPN that was causing the whole problem, that can be very annoying. 

A VPN would probably make your gaming experience worse. The last thing you want is more lag especially for multiplayer games where split second decisions can make a huge different and be the difference between winning and losing. I'm sure there are probably a few games out there that block users that use a VPN as well.

Just now, Darth said:

A VPN would probably make your gaming experience worse. The last thing you want is more lag especially for multiplayer games where split second decisions can make a huge different and be the difference between winning and losing. I'm sure there are probably a few games out there that block users that use a VPN as well.

Exactly, it's just like in some games where even ordinary anti-virus affects the game play in odd ways. VPN is a complete no no for me most of the time. 

4 hours ago, Darth said:

That's a valid point but there are some sites that don't allow you to play a game unless you use a VPN because the game isn't available in your region.

5 minutes ago, Demon_skeith said:

Never used it for gaming, only seems to be used for trouble if it is used.

Seriously, I don't even know or see the need for it to be used for gaming unless the player is trying to test try something only he or she knows. 

1 hour ago, Shole said:

I used it a lot i n China, and sometimes I use it here to watch movies. But other than that I don't suggest you use it for gaming as it makes your games slower.

There is a friend of mine in Nigeria 🇳🇬 who informed me about Twitter being banned in their country and it's only the use of VPN that allows them access to it but he never uses it for gaming or anything else. 

Nordeus a football manager gaming company called Top Eleven normally ban their membership/users for using VPN to access the game. 

5 hours ago, Shole said:

I used it a lot i n China, and sometimes I use it here to watch movies. But other than that I don't suggest you use it for gaming as it makes your games slower.

Yeah - most of us are pretty aware of that. I needed it for some games that weren't available in the West.

5 hours ago, Shole said:

Personally, I wouldn't be open to make use of VPN anyhow I feel like because there are some data breach security issues with using them. 

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah - most of us are pretty aware of that. I needed it for some games that weren't available in the West.

Starting from around August 2020, PUBG game was banned in our country due to some security issues. Actually, the game was not banned, but the server was seized. At that time, I had used VPN to connect to either Korean or US server to be able to play it. Except that, I had never played with VPN. ☺️

2 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Starting from around August 2020, PUBG game was banned in our country due to some security issues. Actually, the game was not banned, but the server was seized. At that time, I had used VPN to connect to either Korean or US server to be able to play it. Except that, I had never played with VPN. ☺️

And I'm sure if there was a leak in your VPN, it's going to disconnect your game immediately. What VPN did you use for it? 

On 8/9/2021 at 11:52 PM, Heatman said:

Personally, I wouldn't be open to make use of VPN anyhow I feel like because there are some data breach security issues with using them. 

Well if you want facebook or instagram in China you gotta use a VPN or else you can't use those apps, nor google or youtube.

2 minutes ago, Shole said:

Well if you want facebook or instagram in China you gotta use a VPN or else you can't use those apps, nor google or youtube.

Yeah, I know about that actually but what I don't have more information on is on whether some video games are banned in China which would require VPN to be used to play them? 

48 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, I know about that actually but what I don't have more information on is on whether some video games are banned in China which would require VPN to be used to play them? 

Most games aren't but they seem to be clamping down on gaming addiction so that might change pretty soon.