Register Now
StaceyPowers

If you were good enough to game for a living, would you?

From what I have seen so far. Twitch is extremely hard. Like getting to the partner level and retaining that level for year or so and make money. I don't think it's any easy. I guess some people who do it take a lot more handwork than we can think of. I am trying to find ways to make money off streaming. Hopefully I can find sites outside youtube to diversify earning. 

On 3/7/2019 at 1:13 AM, killamch89 said:

It's got more to do with my attention span - I literally cannot sit still for more than a few hours or else I start to get restless.

This is actually why I don't really only seat down to play games. I can lay on my belly and play very well. For the record, I'm just like you when it comes to seating down, I find it difficult to sit too long. 

I wouldn't choose it as my first choice.  However, if none of the other options were as profitable and/or possible - then I would consider it.  Anyway, there are plenty of things - I can do - but I don't really want to do.  For instance, I don't like giving one-on-one live music lessons.  

Edited by Jayson

On 3/12/2019 at 8:54 PM, Jayson said:

I wouldn't choose it as my first choice.  However, if none of the other options were as profitable and/or possible - then I would consider it.  Anyway, there are plenty of things - I can do - but I don't really want to do.  For instance, I don't like giving one-on-one live music lessons.  

In case of gaming you can just mute the speaker and play the game. Some people even watch such live streams too. I think that makes many gamers money. You have to just finish the game and that will keep people coming to your stream. 

6 hours ago, skyfire said:

In case of gaming you can just mute the speaker and play the game. Some people even watch such live streams too. I think that makes many gamers money. You have to just finish the game and that will keep people coming to your stream. 

I'm not good at gaming, ha ha.  I'm just saying, hypothetically, if I was.  Anyway, that's certainly an awesome way to get cash - but how much cash:classic_biggrin:

Edited by Jayson

I think it depends. Some gamers who treat other gamers in the patreon or say google streamlabs plugin. I think it'd be anywhere from 5$ to 50$ depending on the complex or trendy games. That's something you can check out by observing in the streaming market.