Register Now
StaceyPowers

Old games you wish you could try, but can't?

We talk a lot on here about classic games from our childhoods which we get nostalgic about and miss playing. But what about classic games you didn’t find out about until later, and never had a chance to try? Are there any old games you wish you could play for the first time, but don’t have the old hardware to make them run?

For PC games, one should hypothetically be able to get around compatibility issues by running a virtual machine, but my laptop can’t really pull that off.

6 hours ago, Alyxx said:

One game I've always wanted to play the full version of is O.D.T.
I've managed to get it working in VM but not really well and it's difficult as hell to get working on modern PC's.

I'll follow you on this because the full version of O.D.T. it's on my list (by the way, I have to say that this is a great choice). But you know, we can't have it all... Right? Haha!

Edited by Shine_Spirit

2 hours ago, Shine_Spirit said:

I'll follow you on this because the full version of O.D.T. it's on my list (by the way, I have to say that this is a great choice). But you know, we can't have it all... Right? Haha!

Exactly my feelings mate. We simply can't have it all even though we wanted to. It's the sad story of all gamers lives. 

Old NFS games are also harder to find. Most of the new games seems to be pretty much high on the PC configuration. And it makes you wonder that some of those old games can be any way played with say something like DOSBOX. I think if DOSBOX can support it then yes surely go ahead with the emulators play it on them. 

4 hours ago, skyfire said:

Old NFS games are also harder to find. Most of the new games seems to be pretty much high on the PC configuration. And it makes you wonder that some of those old games can be any way played with say something like DOSBOX. I think if DOSBOX can support it then yes surely go ahead with the emulators play it on them. 

Most of the old NFS games are for Windows, which means you can't run them in DOSBox since DOSBox only emulates a DOS PC environment. You can play the PSX versions in a PSX emulator though.

Edited by Alyxx

On 3/9/2019 at 12:56 AM, Heatman said:

Exactly my feelings mate. We simply can't have it all even though we wanted to. It's the sad story of all gamers lives. 

I think this situation is almost a big dilemma for gamers who take this fun very seriously, haha! The good side (at least for me... of course, haha!) is that currently I'm not as addicted as I used to be.

I really can't think of any old ones that I missed. I've been playing from the Colecovision and Atari age, so I was right in the mix when new more advanced systems and games would come out. Meaning NES, SNES, N64, PS1, and so on.

Edited by The Blackangel

For me, the PC-centric Baldur’s Gate series has always had an allure, but I never had an opportunity to play them. Thankfully, they’re coming to modern consoles soon so I’m looking forward to checking ‘em out. 

4 hours ago, DylanC said:

For me, the PC-centric Baldur’s Gate series has always had an allure, but I never had an opportunity to play them. Thankfully, they’re coming to modern consoles soon so I’m looking forward to checking ‘em out. 

Baldur's gate is a pretty good series - what I always remember about this game is the incantations for the spells are absolutely epic. I am also looking forward to the new version to be released early next year as well.

On 8/29/2019 at 7:47 PM, kingpotato said:

Not to old but Im having trouble to find a pc port that actually works on my laptop is Silent hill 2. 

What I find with playing older games on Windows 10 PC is that you have to enable compatibility mode for that particular game to get it to function.