Register Now
UleTheVee

"Windows 10 Sucks for Gaming"

Windows 10 is far from a perfect Operating System. Windows 8 and 8.1's track record have pretty much proven that Microsoft hasn't been able to keep up with properly optimizing their OS capabilties to suit the needs of the average consiumer (Don't get me started on the lack of optimization for OS's like Windows 7).

But I started to hear something that's a bit of bs from some people in the gaming space. That is that Windows 10 is a very bad OS for gaming.

Now, prepare for me to sound like a marketer but here we go.

The main reason why Windows 10 is so great for gaming is because of the many optimizations that Microsoft has done to improve the gaming experience overall. From automatic driver optimization (you'll almost never have to install any drivers onto your system, the system does it for you, already eliminating one of those pesky "incoveniences" of PC Gaming) to the overall lack of resource consumption thanks to the (currently) optimized apps.

Major problem is the fact that Windows 10 is built for mid-high-> High systems. AKA, running Windows 10 on outdated hardware will probably make your computer scream in agony.

Considering Windows 10 will always be in the development and may update to adjust with new games. I think it'd be reasonable to say that Windows 10 may come back for the gaming. As of now only heard bad reviews of the Windows 10 not much good about the emulators. That's what made me think about if Windows 10 is any good for the emulation. 

Not only for gaming a lot of things are harder to do in windows 10 and some features are just outright missing for some reason. I work tech support and noticed little things here and there which add up to a terrible UI experience.

Not to forger that  with windows 10, you save yourself from a lot of issues, like for example when i downloaded valorant recently on windows 7, it required a windows update that took me ages to find, also the compatibility issues that you avoid 

21 hours ago, Patrik said:

Not to forger that  with windows 10, you save yourself from a lot of issues, like for example when i downloaded valorant recently on windows 7, it required a windows update that took me ages to find, also the compatibility issues that you avoid 

I personally have found that recent 20h2 update of windows 10 pretty much fixes things. After all this is pretty old thread and windows 10 has changed a lot. october update however was fix to a lot of that. 

I know that they have been fixing compatibility issues over the past couple of years. Games I used to be able to use on Windows 7, are finally compatible with Windows 10. I always hated the fact that if the game was originally able to run on basic hardware and software rendering, that a basic Win 10 with updated hardware and software didn't let them run.

I don't know, I have a relatively easy time when it comes to running games on windows 10. But then again, I'm not super knowledgeable when it comes to windows 10. All I know, is that most games work for me and I can't really complain much.