Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you purchase DLC?

Do you buy DLC for games? If so, do you do it as a rule, or only some of the time? If the latter, what makes you decide to go for a DLC purchase versus passing it over?

I often feel like a game is flat-out incomplete without its DLC. I hate missing out on any added bits of the story or info about the characters and world that I love. At the same time, I admit it drives me crazy when I buy a used game for $5, and wind up spending $40 on digital content. I wish that DLC would drop in price over the years a bit. I have actually spent way more money on DLC than I have on main game content. I feel so angry when I realize I missed out on a Game of the Year edition :/

I like those games who give out DLC as a part of the game update. But if it requires payment I don't mind in  some case I do pay and in other cases I do pass out on chance for the DLC. So that being said, I think each one of us on our own on this. 

If I love a game, I often buy the dlc once I’ve finished the main story. It depends, though. Some games are so massive, like Assassin’s Creed Odyssey for example, I tend to just want move onto the next game after I’m done.