Register Now
StaceyPowers

Sony vs. Microsoft

I have a Windows laptop and a PS3, so I have products from both Microsoft and Sony, but … suffice to say I’m a fan of neither company. Microsoft upsets me by obsessively trying to turn things into subscription services and force updates, and Sony upsets me by resisting cross-play and backwards compatibility. But what is a person to do? There really are not a lot of choices for computing or gaming.

Which of these two companies do you think is the worst?

They all have their flaws, and merits as well. Buy what really matters and satisfy our interest by going for quality products and not what wouldn't last. 

Sony has their own lapses same goes to Microsoft. Analysing all the lapses and the positives, it will consume more of the time around this top video game companies.  

Edited by Justin11

Sony and Microsoft have been competing since 2001 I'd say. I imagine Sony Vaio is what Sony made to try and compete with MS, but even so they probably had windows on that machine anyway. 

I wouldn't say one or the other are worse than the other. But I will say that both sides have their pros and cons. They're both massively rich companies who in the long run, don't necessarily care what we as consumers think. They just want to make as much money as they can, and competing with other companies helps them do that. 

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I imagine Sony Vaio is what Sony made to try and compete with MS

No, it definitely wasn't.  It was more like Sony competing with Apple, except with a bit less style and a bit more substance!  I had a Vaio, it functioned like any other windows laptop but they did have some innovations.  Mine, for example was one of the first laptops to have wireless internet.  It had a port that you could insert a WiFi card and access a router.  I know, sounds like nothing now but back in 2003 that was pretty radical.

On 2/28/2022 at 4:47 PM, Techno said:

Sony tries to dish out $70 for a game

Microsoft rewards me for playing Xbox, but will buy up a lot of companies.

Since Microsoft gives me free things, I'll call Sony worse. I may have morals, but I throw those away for bribes.

I find this funny. My take is Sony. I have been enjoying Sony for more than a decades. 

On 2/28/2022 at 4:47 PM, Techno said:

Sony tries to dish out $70 for a game

Microsoft rewards me for playing Xbox, but will buy up a lot of companies.

Since Microsoft gives me free things, I'll call Sony worse. I may have morals, but I throw those away for bribes.

It's a clear cut line for one to make that decision because it's very obvious that the latter being Microsoft, offers better. 

I think that when both Microsoft and Sony is being compared, Microsoft seems to be the lesser evil between the two. Sony is just waking up with PS Now and Infinite services while Microsoft have Gamepass for ages now. 

On 3/2/2022 at 8:20 PM, Boblee said:

I'm already fed up with Sony a long time ago but I still can't let go of their Playstation consoles because it's the love of my life. 

Most of the people are addicted to playing games on Playstation consoles. They have the market and can dominate as they wish. It is just a matter of time before Xbox gets it totally right. 

As Shagger said in another post, Corporations aren't your friends.If you get value for what you spend then great.Personally I think Sony is on the way down.Just with their fuckery with Gran Turismo. 70 bux for a game seems very expensive compared to a sub service.My ps now sub will double  now with the new service.And of course they make it difficult to cancel the sub.As far as value I gotta say MS is better generally.And I've been on the PS train since PS!.

Microsoft is really just computer/software mostly, Sony does damn near everything from TVs stereos refrigerators microwaves music labels they even have a film company. In the large-scale scope of things Microsoft doesn't compare to Sony.

16 hours ago, Lamarr the strelok said:

As Shagger said in another post, Corporations aren't your friends.If you get value for what you spend then great.Personally I think Sony is on the way down.Just with their fuckery with Gran Turismo. 70 bux for a game seems very expensive compared to a sub service.My ps now sub will double  now with the new service.And of course they make it difficult to cancel the sub.As far as value I gotta say MS is better generally.And I've been on the PS train since PS!.

That's very true about how all these companies always look out for their profit making first before any other thing. It's why they go to the extent of using crazy means to extort money from gamers and we have no choice but to give in to them as long as you want to keep playing.