Register Now
The Blackangel

Hockey

Am I the only hockey nut here? Hockey is my game. I'm a long time hardcore Detroit Red Wings nut. Win or lose I stand by them. I was bummed as hell when we lost Datsyuk and Lidstrom, but they both felt it was time to retire. And then when they traded Mrazek and we lost Zetterburg due to injury, I was heartbroken. Mrazek was my absolute favorite goalie, and Zetterburg was an amazing captain. I'm interested to see who they're gonna make captain next year. Currently the only A's we have are Kronwall and Abdelkader, so It's gonna be one of them. I can't decide who I would want, as bothe of them would do an amazing job.

But anyway, who else worships hockey?

I loved floor hockey in high school. It seemed to be the most fun game I've ever played.  Anyway, due to the climate in the South USA, there's no chance of playing ice hockey - and I've never tried it.  However, I like roller-skating and floor hockey - so I'd probably love it.

Edited by Jayson

I have always loved hockey, playing it watching it. However I until my late 20s I finally started to really get into hockey and actually watch the whole game. I am not sure if Hockey is just for the grown adults or what. Football has just always been easier to watch. Super excited for this season coming up! Lets go Devils!

Played hockey, indeed I have and who hasn't right? 

School days are part of learning and doing mixed sporting events and so hockey is one of them. Remember going out of school to do hockey in a raining dark day and getting wet and losing badly. Was bad at it and so I keep myself back out of the way. Not a sportsperson.

I love floor hockey.  I'd like to have gotten into ice hockey but it's not available in the USA south that much.   Anyway, it obviously takes a lot of skill to do hockey, because for one thing, you gotta ice skate very well.   Well, I don't think you have to skate like a figure skater, but you need some skill.

Hockey players have to be able to skate forward, backwards and sideways. They have to be able to stop on a dime. They may not do tricks like a figure skater, but often the skills required to play hockey far outweigh the skills needed to be a figure skater.

Also there's several teams in the south. Lightning, Coyotes, Golden Knights, Panthers, Stars, Kings, and Ducks just to name a few.