Register Now
Alexander.

4K Gaming

Any 4K gamer? By 4k, I mean any gamer with an Ultra 4K Monitor or Screen to play on. From black and white to colour to HD and now 4K, technology is moving quicker than we know it. 

Is there a natural limit on how far technology can advance due to our eyesight? What do you think will be after 4K?

I got my first taste of 4K gaming in 2014. I think Dragon Age Inquisition was the first game I played in 4K.  Went down to 2560x1440 in 2015, then back to 3840x1600 in 18. Been gaming at that since, and I'll probably stick to this for the foreseeable future.

4K is going to be nice, especially with the new consoles having new graphical options like ray tracing and other cool stuff. Getting games at 60fps or more and in 4K is probably a sight to see. I can't wait to be able to game in 4K. 

But is it needed? Nah, I think I could live with 1080p or 2K even. But, I think once I actually play a game in 4K, is when I will make my decision.

4k gaming is getting a lot more support now but I'd recommend you give it a few more years before you upgrade to that platform. The reason being is that it's still ridiculously expensive in terms of building a system for it and PS5s are pretty hard to come by. In addition to that, you have to buy specific TVs to be able to enjoy your next gen games at 4k because they use HDMI 2.1 instead of 2.0 which is the most adopted HDMI standard. My situation is different because I want to be able to edit 4k videos and do 3D animation so I'll have to make that investment.

I'm shooting at 1440p 164Hz at the moment and require a more expensive GPU to run HIGH FPS. At 4K the highest cpu usage I've seen was 69%, but it's usually in the 40-50% range. So why haven't most taken the jump? 4k displays are very reasonable plus it's less taxing on the cpu.

Most people do 1440p and 144hz is because 60 to 144 is a big jump and 1080p to 1440p is a big jump but 1440p to 4k isn't nearly as noticeable and it hurts ur fps alot so people think 1440p and 144hz is more worth it. However the gpus that do 1440p 144hz are usally the same ones that you will be looking at for 4k 60. If u want to be comfortable at 4k 60 min is power play modded oc 2080. But what you would most likely want its a 3080 (at least 1000 usd). 1080ti is alright if u can get a good deal (400 ish usd) but id rather go for a 3060 super.

On 3/11/2019 at 10:49 PM, Alexander. said:

Any 4K gamer? By 4k, I mean any gamer with an Ultra 4K Monitor or Screen to play on. From black and white to colour to HD and now 4K, technology is moving quicker than we know it. 

Is there a natural limit on how far technology can advance due to our eyesight? What do you think will be after 4K?

The truth of the matter is that when it comes to technological advancements, it's never going to stop. 4k gaming is definitely a good piece.