Register Now
StaceyPowers

Educational games from your childhood

Does anyone fondly recollect educational games from their childhoods? I recall as a little kid being hooked on a series of games called “Math Blasters” on PC. There were some cool science games as well, but I have no idea anymore what they were called.

I think one could argue that almost any game can be educational in one respect or another. But in this case, I am referring specifically to games which were designed with education as their key purpose.

I remember there were some educational games by funskool which used to have name guessing, animal food etc. Those were pretty fun games. And after that I followed some of the math specific games in the console too. It was fun to play those games. 

On 3/14/2019 at 6:59 PM, Bravosi said:

I used to have some explorer game, don't remember the name. But it started with a guy telling me to collect my back pack with most important stuff. He'd laugh if I had chosen a fridge with me on my journey.

Not sure what that game is, possible that could be raymonds adventure or some other clone of it. Looks like dora type game. Lot of such games were made in the 90s and early 2000s for kids. 

7 hours ago, skyfire said:

Not sure what that game is, possible that could be raymonds adventure or some other clone of it. Looks like dora type game. Lot of such games were made in the 90s and early 2000s for kids. 

Yeah, somewhere around that time. But it's not raymonds adventure. There were only humans there. 😄

On 3/14/2019 at 6:59 PM, Bravosi said:

I used to have some explorer game, don't remember the name. But it started with a guy telling me to collect my back pack with most important stuff. He'd laugh if I had chosen a fridge with me on my journey.

For some reason I feel like he is male version of dora the explorer. Just kidding. 

On 3/14/2019 at 8:29 AM, Bravosi said:

Are your sure it isn't a she and you're not talking about Dora The Explorer?

On 8/31/2019 at 2:37 AM, skyfire said:

For some reason I feel like he is male version of dora the explorer. Just kidding. 

Either he is confusing it with Dora the explorer or you may be on to something here because it does sound like Dora.

On 9/3/2019 at 11:04 PM, killamch89 said:

Are your sure it isn't a she and you're not talking about Dora The Explorer?

Either he is confusing it with Dora the explorer or you may be on to something here because it does sound like Dora.

Yeah I don't remember any other retro game in that timeline.