Register Now
Alexander.

Anti Virus

I've never really thought about an Anti Virus software on a mobile platform. I know your supposed to have one but is it as important as your PC's? What program would you recommend to prevent malware and computer viruses from spreading on my Android? 

11 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

I've never really thought about an Anti Virus software on a mobile platform. I know your supposed to have one but is it as important as your PC's? What program would you recommend to prevent malware and computer viruses from spreading on my Android? 

Malwarebytes is a good choice but Sophos Mobile Security is even better.

I have ESET and also Xiaomi's recently Security 360 was also a good tool. Currently there are botnet issues for the phones. So you may want to protect yourself from those type of the threats. Also do pay attention to where you're getting the calls from and also avoid opening links from SMS. 

1 hour ago, xXInfectedXx said:

What's the price difference? Which Anti Virus is better and offers more features? Thank you. 

Both are free and well... You can pay for their premium versions. I think that Sophos is better at scanning virsues anyways.

On 4/13/2019 at 12:06 AM, skyfire said:

I think price of most of the antivirus softwares is down these days. In past it used to be expensive. But now a days they keep antivirus and malware scanner separately. So the each software may cost something different. 

I think the main reason behind this all is because in actuality, Anti Viruses on mobile phones are useless

And before anyone asks. Yes, I knew this from the get go... I literally just waited for someone to say something along the lines of "JEBAITED" or something like that.

If you are using Xiaomi then you may get 360 antivirus branded as the Xiaomi's own antivirus. But the updates and the definition for the antivirus seems to be specific to the xiaomi. I am wondering this white label branding worsk out for most of the mobile companies. I'd say that it's worth getting external antivirus if you are planning on making use of phone for banking transactions. 

On 4/18/2019 at 3:57 AM, UleTheVee said:

I think the main reason behind this all is because in actuality, Anti Viruses on mobile phones are useless

And before anyone asks. Yes, I knew this from the get go... I literally just waited for someone to say something along the lines of "JEBAITED" or something like that.

To some extent, I actually believe in what this article says because I have had an experience with such smartphone anti-virus failing to stop my files from getting corrupted. 

On 9/27/2021 at 8:41 AM, skyfire said:

Windows security essentials is something that you can  enable and forget about it. I have pretty good success with the same. 

I haven't really used any Windows smartphone yet. Let me just stick with them on laptop and not my phones.