Register Now
The Blackangel

Is there a platform you hate?

On 7/10/2022 at 6:23 PM, Justin11 said:

Xbox controllers are just big in the hands. The last time I played on Xbox 360, I got exhausted after one hour and 30 mins, because my hands became so heavy that I couldn't raise it up nor consistent holding the controller. 

Justin the 360 controller is like one of the most comfortable controllers ever made like how can you get exhausted from holding it? You sure you diden't smoke something funny beforehand?

Edited by Yaramaki

17 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

Justin the 360 controller is like one of the most comfortable controllers ever made like how can you get exhausted from holding it? You sure you diden't smoke something funny beforehand?

xD, maybe I smoked and forgot. To be frank, it is heavier than PS3 controllers. My PS3 controller aren't even weighed up to 5kg but I think Xbox controllers gauge up to 10-12kg in my hands that day. Plus the controller is wide and not compact like the way PS controllers are made.  Take a look at PS3 controller and Xbox 360 controller, you'll see the difference that Xbox 360 controller is more heavier and wide as well. 

1016985772_images(1)(8).jpeg.020781aa340aee56ddfa6727fd2005d7.jpeg

PS3 

1839327087_images(1)(7).jpeg.c8450c93caee2ca7c91a94b6f8ac24ce.jpeg

Xbox 3601839327087_images(1)(7).jpeg.c8450c93caee2ca7c91a94b6f8ac24ce.jpeg

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

xD, maybe I smoked and forgot. To be frank, it is heavier than PS3 controllers. My PS3 controller aren't even weighed up to 5kg but I think Xbox controllers gauge up to 10-12kg in my hands that day. Plus the controller is wide and not compact like the way PS controllers are made.  Take a look at PS3 controller and Xbox 360 controller, you'll see the difference that Xbox 360 controller is more heavier and wide as well. 

1016985772_images(1)(8).jpeg.020781aa340aee56ddfa6727fd2005d7.jpeg

PS3 

Xbox 3601839327087_images(1)(7).jpeg.c8450c93caee2ca7c91a94b6f8ac24ce.jpeg

Well neither of these controllers weigh even close to that much, maybe 200 - 300g.  More to the point the I have to agree with @Yaramaki, the PS3 Sixaxis controller felt flimsy and cheap.  The PS3 was originally going to launch with this monstrosity:

what-if-sony-stuck-with-the-ps3s-boomera

But this "Boomerang" design was unsurprisingly panned by journalists who got their hands on demo models.  In response Sony, no doubt pressed for time, just took their 10 year old DualShock design, hap-hazardly added motion controls because Wii and made out of plastic so thin it was transparent!

PlayStation3-Sixaxis.jpg

Sony did eventually improve on the design with the DualShock 4 then later DualSense but even a PlayStation fan I have to admit the Xbox controllers were better...  Unless your talking about the Duke 🤮:

Xbox-Duke-Controller.jpg

36 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Well neither of these controllers weigh even close to that much, maybe 200 - 300g.  More to the point the I have to agree with @Yaramaki, the PS3 Sixaxis controller felt flimsy and cheap.  The PS3 was originally going to launch with this monstrosity:

what-if-sony-stuck-with-the-ps3s-boomera

But this "Boomerang" design was unsurprisingly panned by journalists who got their hands on demo models.  In response Sony, no doubt pressed for time, just took their 10 year old DualShock design, hap-hazardly added motion controls because Wii and made out of plastic so thin it was transparent!

PlayStation3-Sixaxis.jpg

Sony did eventually improve on the design with the DualShock 4 then later DualSense but even a PlayStation fan I have to admit the Xbox controllers were better...  Unless your talking about the Duke 🤮:

Xbox-Duke-Controller.jpg

Yes, I'm talking about the duke option, look at the last one you shared, it was just large and one which my small hand can't seize. I only hold it for few hours and it pained my hands, I gave up playing just to rest my hands. Such provoked my friend, because he really wanted me to play more with him, but I couldn't sustain the pain. I just love the way PS3 controllers are modded, I don't like how wide Xbox 360 controllers are made, truth be told. 

3 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

I agree with you there. It's one of my favorite controllers because of how simple and effective it is. It isn't too big, and isn't too small. The only downside of the 360 controllers was the horrible play n charge kit. After a while it would die on me, and wouldn't charge batteries. And then it would lose connection at times. 

I'm glad they went to usb then usb c for the newer Xbox controllers. 

I feel like is should write up on this but personally hating is the wrong word to use disliking is more appropriate, why would you "hate" a platform if you have never played it much to get a decent oppinion on it or don't even own it. I know many people hate on something just because they can't afford it or own it themselves, like i could hate on Ferrari but firstly i've never driving on and secondly i can't afford a ferrari and probably never will it does that mean i have to hate ferrari no.

Yeah the duke was kind of an awful controller and inspiration was probably gotten from those bulky late 90 ies pc controllers but they later replaced it with the much better s controller but would you hate a platform just for that? After only a couple of hours experiencing the og xbox, i see many people hating on the gamecube aswell, sure when it was around it was more the kids console and the xbox and ps2 were for the cool guys but come on man it has the most classics out of any of the 4 consoles that generarion. The Gc controller is the most comfortable controller out of the 4 consoles that generation, it may seem weird at first but give it some time and you'll see it's an exellent controller even to play wii games well the ones that support the gc controller.

Like The atari jaguar gets slammed all the time for it's awfull controller and by all means it's big and bulky and you could call your local pizza or chinese restaurant with it if you want but to me it feels suprisingly comfortable. Definatly not the worst controller out there, if only the jaguar had more then 5 games worth owning.

If there's one platform that I don't like it has to be the Philip's CDI. I don't think there were really any games on the console that were decent, I know they were trying to be innovative at the time but it could have been much better. At least the 3DO had some decent games like Gex, and a port of Doom. As for the well known manufacturers, Nintendo's Virtual Boy has to be my least favorite handheld/console. I actually know a guy who loves the Virtual Boy and it's his favorite Nintendo console. :V

On 7/11/2022 at 2:36 PM, Kane99 said:

I agree with you there. It's one of my favorite controllers because of how simple and effective it is. It isn't too big, and isn't too small. The only downside of the 360 controllers was the horrible play n charge kit. After a while it would die on me, and wouldn't charge batteries. And then it would lose connection at times. 

I'm glad they went to usb then usb c for the newer Xbox controllers. 

The only thing I never like with Xbox 360 controllers is how much issues you started having with them after like 6-7 months and I'm someone who takes very good care of my tech.