Register Now
The Blackangel

Is there a platform you hate?

Everyone has their preferred platform. Easy enough. But is there one that you absolutely cant stand? For me it's Xbox. I absolutely hate the system. Remember this is all opinion. The controllers suck, trying to control a character on the systems is impossible, and the system itself is just junk. Overpriced, and under developed. Thanks a lot Bill Gates. Granted I'm not a fan of anything Apple, even though I use an iPhone, but I still hate Xbox.

I don't hate any platform tbh. That said, the weakest out of the trio this generation is definitely, without doubt, the Xbox One. I very rarely trade hardware in, but I did so with my OG Xbox One. Was a very disappointing console from a games perspective and a user experience perspective. Sick of waiting for updates every time I switched on the console and the lack of exciting exclusives was crazy. Don't know what MS were thinking this generation.

I think consoles is what I hate these days as they tend to be more expensive in overall scheme of things. I hope stadia removes the need for the consoles completely. And there are more platforms like stadia that can minimize expensive hardware. 

I think for me hate is a strong word, there were consoles I liked more than others and quite a few I skipped either willingly, for lack of money or for ignorance of their existence.

From the consoles I ever owned, I think the Nintendo DSi would be the one I really didn't see the appeal of it at all. The Nintendo DS already had a "Lite" version, and then a year after Nintendo reveal DSi, that had a better camera and few whistles. Not long after that, the next portable came out to be the 3DS which added more to that feeling of unfinished that the DSi had for me. I think it was just the prototype for the 3DS and that for people that just spent on it it probably felt bad seeing a new console being released and realizing the shed money on upgrading a console that was for a generation on its way out.

If we include everything, including what I haven't played in that list of what I dislike, I think the PS1 Mini could be a good example of recent time console that doesn't get what worked for the trend emerging and instead gives the impression that it tries to make quick buck by thinking on their base as chumps that will pay anything for the nostalgia and still miss bring the catalogue of games that actually would wake up said nostalgia.

Yeah but there is no nostalgia in the flashback systems. they have their preloaded games, but nostalgia is owning the original actual item as it was when it originally hit the market. Take classic gamers. We would rather spend an hour fighting the original NES trying to get Mario to work, than hook up an NES Classic and get it to run the very first time. That's nostalgia.

I don't hate any particular platform but I dislike the direction the Mobile gaming Industry has taken. I went from a realm of infinite possibility to a complete cesspool of ridiculous microtransaction infused games. I know of people who spent more than $7000 on a single mobile game.

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I don't hate any particular platform but I dislike the direction the Mobile gaming Industry has taken. I went from a realm of infinite possibility to a complete cesspool of ridiculous microtransaction infused games. I know of people who spent more than $7000 on a single mobile game.

Wow. That's insane. It reminds me of that South Park episode where Stan was buying Canadough constantly in that dumbass Terrence and Phillip game.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

Wow. That's insane. It reminds me of that South Park episode where Stan was buying Canadough constantly in that dumbass Terrence and Phillip game.

Funny thing is I was watching that episode a couple of days ago and you're right lol. 

I am wondering if more and more cloud gaming services come out, do people tend to ditch the classic consoles? And move to cloud only gaming? I mean that is money saved right there and who knows it could be also come out free and only be charged for game titles. 

Classic gamers won’t drop the old systems. The nostalgia of putting a cartridge into an actual Nintendo is half of the enjoyment for us. That’s why emulators usually don’t do a damn thing for any of us.

Edited by The Blackangel

There's no platform I would say I hate, but there's definitely some I prefer over others. For instance I would say Nintendo has always been a more attractive console to me since I game primarily on PC and most major releases are also on PC nowadays.

I don't hate platforms...  But Fanboys and White Knights of platforms really bring my piss to a boil sometimes!

On 6/12/2019 at 4:11 AM, killamch89 said:

Yeah I despise that to, but even there it's not exactly the platform that's to blame.  Especially when you consider how many of these cash cows are on PC and consoles as well now.