Register Now
Alexander.

Old consoles

Are old consoles worth any more than a brand new one? I've got a couple of retro devices which I'm looking to sell for profit. If the platform is in fully working order, is this something that is possible? 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

I don't think they are rare enough to be considered antiques.  In that case, you see them all over the US - and probably other countries, selling for 30 or 40 dollars a bundle (controllers, main console, attached wires).  OK, you would find these mostly at used gaming stores - but also online (eBay, Amazon etc.).

Older systems from the 80's and before are selling for almost as much as they did when they were new in gaming stores. I buy a lot off CL. You can find some good deals there if you're patient.

As far as what's better, the actual system is the only way to go. I hate all this modded and "classic" shit. They're not real games or real systems. They're an insult. They make me want to puke. I just flat out absolutely can't stand them.

Edited by The Blackangel

I think currently using the old console is a bit liability. The reason being it can be hard to find the part for replacement. And also trying to repair at home can be nightmare. As an antique I can keep those 90s consoles. But these days reusing them is not worth it. 

On facebook I'm in a lot of buying and purchase groups for videogames and yeah they tend to overprice old games and consoles, to be honest they are not worth it , they are old on the verge of falling apart but since they are classics or retro they put a high price.