Register Now
Alexander.

What do you hate in GTA 5?

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

But they have all had great stories, characters, and plots. I can understand hating GTA online because I have grown to despise the many DLCs with hover bikes and all manner of Alien technology. I'm surprised they haven't launched one of the floating airships like the shield from Marvel possesses in a DLC pack since they have flying cars and all that crap.

I’m totally in the minority with my feelings towards the GTA franchise. Honestly, it’s a series that just isn’t for me. I’m not a huge fan of the subject matter - but there are a *ton* of people who are. From what I’ve played with friends, I just find the gritty, self-aware tone and plot to be tiresome and grating. But like I said, I did very much dig San Andreas back in the day. 

5 minutes ago, DylanC said:

I’m totally in the minority with my feelings towards the GTA franchise. Honestly, it’s a series that just isn’t for me. I’m not a huge fan of the subject matter - but there are a *ton* of people who are. From what I’ve played with friends, I just find the gritty, self-aware tone and plot to be tiresome and grating. But like I said, I did very much dig San Andreas back in the day. 

That's a fair point because every gamer has unique "tastes" in games.

On 3/16/2020 at 4:38 AM, skyfire said:

Before moving to online, they kind of experimented with the depth in story. Now they don't need to because younger gamers just feed on whats thrown at them. 

Yeah, it's pretty sad to see the shift that has occurred in the gaming market. There's no depth or elegance anymore. People just want to spawn into an instance and start shooting things.

GTA V is an all time classic, and I love just about everything about it. I typically haven't had a decent enough internet connection to play online, so I'm pretty much talking about offline play when I say that. At the same time, the little bit of exposure I've had to online play hasn't been that great to me. Whenever I'd be playing online, I feel like I'd be instantly blown up by a guy with a tank the second I re-spawn. 

On 3/19/2020 at 11:03 PM, MeowsePad said:

Yeah, it's pretty sad to see the shift that has occurred in the gaming market. There's no depth or elegance anymore. People just want to spawn into an instance and start shooting things.

I blame the tournament and the multiplayer mindset for this but then again I think this lockdown will change a lot of things in near future and this generation may demand story based games in near future. 

What I dislike in GTA is the overpowered gear that higher level people use to constantly annihilate beginners and people trying to run tasks.  Another thing I'd change is increasing the amount of time you need to clear out warehouses and businesses because constantly doing them gets too repetitive and you can't enjoy roaming gameplay.