Register Now
DylanC

Last movie watched?

Not technically the last movie I watched, but I recently watched Puss in Boots: The Last Wish, and I really enjoyed it. It's a perfect example of a movie that is meant for kids, is still enjoyable for adults. The same can not be said for The Emoji Movie, which I also watched recently for some reason. That movie had exactly one funny joke (in my opinion), and it was in the first 5 minutes. Puss in Boots however was enjoyable all the way through, had some genuinely funny moments, and I really loved the animation style. Reminded me a lot of Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse 

Continuing on the thread of watching mostly kids movies, my wife and I went to see the new Little Mermaid remake yesterday, and I have to say i was positively surprised. After really disliking the Lion King and Mulan remakes I really wasn't expecting much, but I though it was pretty true to the original, and the casting was pretty excellent. I thought Melissa McCarthy did a great performance as Ursula. 

Great White

One of those Jaws clones that faced the wrath of Universal for being an alleged rip off. They even attempted to ban it from being released. When this initially failed, it was showing in the theaters for a month, until a judge pulled the plug.

But it isn't that great. 🦈