Register Now
skyfire

Facebook Gaming Tab

it seems Facebook is trying to compete with the youtube and twitch with the gaming tab. The tab link takes you to the gaming hub where you can see live stream games and the past streamed games based on game titles, genres and region etc. You get more filter option based on pages that you follow as well. As of now this is still in works so not all facebook account may be able to access it. 

What do you think of facebooks gaming hub? Do you think it will bring creators to the platform?

On 3/21/2019 at 1:51 AM, skyfire said:

it seems Facebook is trying to compete with the youtube and twitch with the gaming tab. The tab link takes you to the gaming hub where you can see live stream games and the past streamed games based on game titles, genres and region etc. You get more filter option based on pages that you follow as well. As of now this is still in works so not all facebook account may be able to access it. 

What do you think of facebooks gaming hub? Do you think it will bring creators to the platform?

Not really, Facebook is losing members left and right because many find it both boring and too intrusive.

On 4/4/2019 at 8:40 PM, killamch89 said:

Not really, Facebook is losing members left and right because many find it both boring and too intrusive.

Oh really? I thought it was because of all the data breaches and the stealing of user information everywhere.

I guess I'm wrong then :V

2 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

Oh really? I thought it was because of all the data breaches and the stealing of user information everywhere.

I guess I'm wrong then :V

This didn't even need to be mentioned because that is the first thing anyone associates Facebook with - Gathering information and data breaches.

Just now, killamch89 said:

This didn't even need to be mentioned because that is the first thing anyone associates Facebook with - Gathering information and data breaches.

Yeah but still... They seek to compete against that when Data breaches are being reported even to this day.

Just now, UleTheVee said:

Yeah but still... They seek to compete against that when Data breaches are being reported even to this day.

Facebook has had so much negative press in the last 2-3 years, we shouldn't be surprised nobody wants to use it anymore.

It seems they have creator program that seems to be paying the gamers and other video creators. There is gems system that it can be something you can give away to the creators. And that can earn them some revenue for the creators. 

On 4/9/2019 at 1:20 PM, skyfire said:

It seems they have creator program that seems to be paying the gamers and other video creators. There is gems system that it can be something you can give away to the creators. And that can earn them some revenue for the creators. 

The real issue here is that people really don't trust facebook at this point. I see what they are trying to do but it's going to be hard to get the people to flock there.

On 4/7/2019 at 1:23 AM, killamch89 said:

Facebook has had so much negative press in the last 2-3 years, we shouldn't be surprised nobody wants to use it anymore.

Totally agree and the creator program that they have does not seem to be helping any creator earn some good money. Facebook wants free content and does not give back to the creators. 

11 hours ago, skyfire said:

Totally agree and the creator program that they have does not seem to be helping any creator earn some good money. Facebook wants free content and does not give back to the creators. 

Facebook is one big data-harvesting and data-leaking platform. I use it for business but I try to exhaust all other alternatives first. I even try the carrier pigeon method 😂