Register Now
The Blackangel

What's your baby?

I'm a dog person. My baby is a white pitbull. Her name is Lady, and she's my heart and soul. I actually have 4 dogs. The other 3 are chihuahuas. I also have 2 birds. One is a pineapple conure, the other is a blue throated macaw. Then there's an animal that holds more of a place in my heart than any other creature(long story). Rats. I have 4 of those little fuzzballs. I'll flat out say that I couldn't live without my babies. They're the greatest source of joy in this world. I value their health and well being above my own.

So who is yours?

I have 3 dogs (Father and his son and daughter) and I love all 3 of my dogs. My favorite is Lassie because we have a very strong bond - she follows me EVERYWHERE. All 3 dogs are Rottweiler/Labrador mixes and are extremely intelligent but she is the most intelligent one. She nags me when she isn't satisfied with something and she is a very loving dog who is always in a playful mood. The funny part of the story is that years ago when I was living with my mother, we gave her away to someone living halfway across the community from my mother. She was 4 weeks old at the time and we didn't have anywhere to keep her. Needless to say, she found her way back to us 3 weeks later and she gave my mom an earful because my mother was the one that gave her away.

Our neighbor couldn't contain her laughter when she saw Lassie grumbling and complaining. Animals are very good teachers of loyalty and unconditional love and we can learn a lot from them.

9 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

My dogs are my babies, but there's no animal that holds as much of a place in my heart as a rat. It was a rat that saved my life.

That's quite an interesting story! I've seen people with a pet snail (not talking about Spongebob). Hell, I even know someone how loves spiders.

She was a bitch. When I would mess with her she would always sting me. Luckily an emperor scorpion's venom is only equal to that of a bee, so unless you're allergic, it isn't all that dangerous. But I finally wised up and started wearing a leather glove, and she wasn't able to get me through that. I'm saying she, but I have no clue whether it was a male or female.

12 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

She was a bitch. When I would mess with her she would always sting me. Luckily an emperor scorpion's venom is only equal to that of a bee, so unless you're allergic, it isn't all that dangerous. But I finally wised up and started wearing a leather glove, and she wasn't able to get me through that. I'm saying she, but I have no clue whether it was a male or female.

Hahaha! I once had a run in with a female black widow spider who escaped out of a container. The funny part is she was on my shoulder for a solid 10 minutes without me being aware. When I realized she was there I ordered her to get off my shoulder and oddly enough, she climbed down my hand and back into her container.

Spiders don't bother me much, but if it was a black widow I would have been screaming and crying, and just completely freaking out. Here in the states that's one of only 2 spiders that send me into panic mode. The other is the brown recluse. I used to live in a house that was on the verge of being able to be called infested with brown recluses so that one tops the list for me. Thankfully that was years ago. It also had a problem with jumping spiders. Those were some weird little buggers. No pun intended. I haven't had many encounters with the black widow, but I always knew to stay the hell away when I did. The funny thing is the male black widow is really hard to identify if you're not educated on spiders, because he is so much different than the infamous female.

Edited by The Blackangel

8 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Spiders don't bother me much, but if it was a black widow I would have been screaming and crying, and just completely freaking out. Here in the states that's one of only 2 spiders that send me into panic mode. The other is the brown recluse. I used to live in a house that was on the verge of being able to be called infested with brown recluses so that one tops the list for me. Thankfully that was years ago. It also had a problem with jumping spiders. Those were some weird little buggers. No pun intended. I haven't had many encounters with the black widow, but I always knew to stay the hell away when I did. The funny thing is the male black widow is really hard to identify if you're not educated on spiders, because he is so much different than the infamous female.

The thing I learned from having animals around me since I was a kid is that they can sense your emotions and intent. If animals don't sense any kind of fear they don't tend to react very aggressively but if they sense any trace of fear they tend to bite out of instinct. They also tend to dislike people that hate animals for obvious reasons - Most animals tend to follow me around nowadays and crawl onto me/hide behind me.

Animals can smell fear and absolutely hate the aroma. It's like temporary rabies picked up through the intuitive nose.

Even though I've been bitten, I've never feared dogs. Actually, off the top of my head, I can't really think of an animal I really fear. There's a shitload of animals I know better than to screw with. But I can't say that I fear them.

On 4/6/2019 at 7:39 PM, The Blackangel said:

Animals can smell fear and absolutely hate the aroma. It's like temporary rabies picked up through the intuitive nose.

Even though I've been bitten, I've never feared dogs. Actually, off the top of my head, I can't really think of an animal I really fear. There's a shitload of animals I know better than to screw with. But I can't say that I fear them.

Same here. Funny enough, most animals are pretty comfortable around me to the point they'll fall asleep on my foot or in the case of a pigeon, on my shoulder. They also have a tendency of hiding behind me when they are scared of other people in the vicinity.