Register Now
StaceyPowers

Video game ambient noise videos on YT

On 3/29/2019 at 8:26 AM, The Blackangel said:

If I needed some ambient noise when I was younger, I would just play some metal. Typically Disturbed's first album. Now I just turn on the TV. I've don't that for so long that now I can't get to sleep without some kind of background noise.

I live out in the country, and it can get to be dead silent at night. So the ringing in my ears can drive me crazy without some kind of sounds playing.

Metal music is not ambient. Ambient means pleasing sound to ears. Metal falls into noise. I'd say that games such as spirits, limbo ccan be good for the ears. Also having some white noise generator can be a good option while playing the games. 

@skyfire @The Blackangel

I feel kind of the same way about industrial and noise music (especially the more old-school variety, i.e. Boyd Rice, Skinny Puppy, Coil, etc.) as @The Blackangel does about metal. My third year college roommate and I would sometimes leave our favorite albums on loop all day, especially the more "abstract" sounding ones, and use them in place of ambient noise. They produced what I can only call a sense of "comfortable unease" for us. Some of the background sounds in video games, especially like Bioshock Infinite for example, or The Pitt in Fallout 3, put me in sort of a related headspace, and I love it.